BlackRock Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was pretty fast and in my opinion fair as well. Though the HR is very aggressive. The interviewer is not educated and since he is in the system for so long he gets to conduct the interviews. All they use is google before interviewing a candidate which in my opinion is very lame. They judge you on the basis of your book knowledge and not practical experience.

Interview Questions

• What is Convexity and Duration and what is the difference between them?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

The people in a finance don't know the difference between cash flow vs fund flow
     There is no planning or budgeting in company which they do....it's just data entry jobs they have.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews. First was written that include technical questions,verbal and quants problems. Wriitten exam was for sixty minutes. Second round was with company recruiter in which recruiter asked about background and future aspiritions and last round of interview was technical with a panel of two people.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Very upfront and direct. Sat in on many levels of interviews. Three interview levels but once you get through the first one, there is a good chance you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do here and what department would you want to work for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Referred Through An Employee
    Spoke with a Recruiter then an Analyst then was invited to to Superday

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Highly selective. On the assessment day there were 10 candidates competing for one position. One interviewer was friendly, another very harsh and strict.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was thorough but fair. It included three rounds of interviews, the last of which was long and included 7 interviews. The people were very nice, and while they asked a lot of questions, they did not try to make me uncomfortable or stressed.

Interview Questions

• When will you know you have been successful in this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Generous offer.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Resume shortlisting
    Telephonic round if not in the same city
    Rest of the rounds are 1 to 1
    HR screening
    Written Test : Logical reasoning, 10th standard arithmetic like speed and distance, etc , quantitative analysis, DS(data sufficiency), English grammar
    Technical Interview with the team lead/process lead
    Final HR round

Interview Questions

• What would be your next destination when you want to leave this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

yes, I was able to negotiate well. One needs to market him/herself. Negotiation depends on your marketable skill.
    HR would give due respect to your reasoning behind negotiation.
    Relocation expenses are born by the company. Also 1st month stay is arranged at company guest house.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in November 2011.

Interview

I was studying abroad and applied online to BlackRock because the deadline was coming to a close. I applied for the Graduate Program for BlackRock, and was accepted for a first round interview. Questions were harder than most of the other interviews I have had, because you would actually need current information in order to stay on top of the interview questions. Interviewer was nice, and the interview lasted for about 45 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Received phone call - went through screening rounds with HR and some mid-level people. Interviews were both personality based and ask some concept type questions to understand technical skills. Asked back for interviews with more high level people - the questions were even more about fit and personality, although high level concept questions were asked again. Final round was with Sr level people and followed the same basic principles.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Obtained better job offer.