BlackRock Financial Modeling Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Financial Modeling Group Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview first then was invited to NYC for the superday. 6 back-to-back 30 minutes technical interviews on site. Interview questions consist of coding, Java&C++ concept, math and brain teaser. Math related programming questions are really tricky. All the interviewers seems to be very knowledgeable. Great experience.

Questions that I can remember are
How BST works and implement it.
Write a memory leak in C++. How to avoid memory leak? How smart pointer works?
DP stairs question. write a function to calculate e^x (x is double).
Write function to calculate sqrt of x
Implement first in first out Cache
convert big Endian to little Endian

Interview Questions

• Write a function to calculate e^x, need to convert e^x to 1 + x + x2/2! + x3/3! + x4/4! + x5/5! + x6/6! + x7/7! + x8/8! + x9/9! + x10/10! + x11/11!+ ...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I got this opportunity from OCR. Nice manager and friendly process. Questions are from easy to difficult step by step. Questions include option pricing and programming. He will make it more difficult if you can answer until you can't to test your limit, I guess. One question asked me to write a piece of code for something, then to make improvement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

A few questions about the company itself. Know all aspects about the company. I think they really value company culture there.

A few technical questions about options pricing, probability/statistics, linear regression, algorithms and data structure, and alos some programming questions regarding C++/Java. The role involves programming and finance so be solid in these areas.

Interview Questions

• Number of multiplication operations when multiplying two matrices   1 Answer
    • Give examples of runtime and complied time polymorphism in C++ or Java   Answer Question

Financial Modeling Group Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2008.

Interview

The first round interview was a 1:1 meeting with a manager who asked several programming questions. The first few questions were very basic, and then progressively got harder. For example, one question was about how to write a program to perform a bubble sort using arrays. The second round interview consisted of several more technical questions ranging from brain teasers to recognizing specific statistical distribution functions.

Interview Questions

• What is the formula for the normal distribution?   1 Answer

Financial Modeling Group Interview

Interview

Interviewed at BlackRock in December 2014. 2 seperate interviews - one technical (maths, probability, brainteasers) and one behavioural, both interviewers very friendly. Questions:
    Tell me something about the markets, covariance of a linear combination of random variables, duration, convexity, how do you calculate the moments of a normal variable, where do you see yourself in 4-5 years time.

Interview Questions

• A brainteaser about the greedy pirates and their gold described already by others.   Answer Question