BlackRock Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interview process had four rounds - managerial and three rounds of technical. The interviewers were friendly and will mostly give hints to you if you are on the right track to the solution but stuck. The questions asked were pretty straightforward and mostly tested how well you know the concepts.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the New York office. Interviewers were pretty nice and asked a combination of behavioral and technical questions. Make sure you can talk about the market and have some basic understanding about statistics. Having some computer science background would be a plus for the researcher role, so just be aware.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

6 coding questions, 1 video interview
    Java coding questions revolving around OOPS concepts
    Coding questions asked via online website
    Video interview was one question, behavioral
    The interview was held via the hireview portal
    Code has to be copied to a separate editor between questions
    Consecutive questions need the code carried over

Interview Questions

• Java coding questions revolving around OOPS concepts
      Coding questions asked via online website
      Video interview was one question, behavioral
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two phone calls with managers in the Aladdin Client Services and BlackRock Solutions divisions, then I received a superday in New York shortly thereafter. The superday consisted of four interviews with different level employees, as well as a short SQL test and a presentation component.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I have applied directly through Blackrock's website, for an FMA and Fixed Income position. I was then invited to an online recorded interview for the two positions I had applied to. Got rejected a month later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first day was two interviews, both were one on one. Got called back for another 2 interviews the next day. Did not get the offer unfortunately. I was interviewing for Beta Strategy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2016.

Interview

I did the application in October 2015 and I have received the first response in the middle of December, where I was invited to do a Pre-recorded video interview.
    During the interview I had 30 seconds for reading the question and think before the video recording started.
    For each question I had 1 minute and half to respond the question.

Interview Questions

• 1)Why BlackRock?
      2)Why your current University?
      3)how you keep updated about financial markets?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was really smooth and simple, I went into the office for a standard, 45 minute interview, where we reviewed my resume, they asked questions, I asked questions, and then we toured the floor. It was very comfortable, and the portfolio managers that interviewed me were very friendly and made me feel at ease during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing in your previous work experiences that you could have done differently?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied online. Then I received email about vedio interview. I was required to log on a system then record interview. There was only two questions. After presented the question, I was given 10 minutes to prepare. First question is why this university and why this major. Second question is why this company why this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

You first go through the recorded interview online, which is easier than you would think. I thought I did horribly but I just talked about my hedge fund class and ETFs we were trading. There is a video interview with one of the employees, which is very relaxed as well. If you pass that, they fly you to them for a 4-5 hour interview. You first eat lunch with the analysts and the other interns. After, you have separate interviews with Managing Directors, which were former Lehman Brothers employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were in a team setting that was failing and your contribution. Describe your resume. Why are you so special?   Answer Question