BlackRock Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interview process had four rounds - managerial and three rounds of technical. The interviewers were friendly and will mostly give hints to you if you are on the right track to the solution but stuck. The questions asked were pretty straightforward and mostly tested how well you know the concepts.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and quickly heard back to complete a coding challenge. The challenge is fairly straightforward and is mainly string manipulation for a portfolio. The downside to this is that it is longer than most coding challenges - it takes up to 3 hours to complete as it is 6 questions. I finished it in 1.5 hours and got 6/6.

I didn't hear back for about 6 weeks. Then suddenly I get an email inviting me to a superday for a completely different division called "Business Operations." I had not applied for this division but apparently some people on that team saw my coding challenge and wanted to interview me. So I went and it turned out to basically be the same thing as a software engineering interview. The superday was 4 back to back 30 minute interviews with various people on the BizOps team. I spoke with one machine learning guy (bombed this interview), one guy who was the head of his department, one guy who was working for the second guy, and one guy who was part of another part of the BizOps team.

Two-ish weeks later I get contacted by some people from ANOTHER team (Data engineering) saying they want to extend an offer. Apparently their summer analyst program had filled up so they used a third party hiring company to try and hire me as a "contractor." The offer was terrible though and not on par with the salaries paid for other interns. I respectfully declined a week later because i had a better offer. Then the recruiter makes a counter offer that is 60% (in terms of salary) better than the initial offer. Rather than feeling excited I felt cheated because they had low-balled me in the first place. Along with their sketchy interview process and selection, I decided to decline their offer again for a better offer.

Definitely one of the weirdest interview experiences I have had, and I left it with a bad taste in my mouth for BlackRock.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers literally had a sheet of Java questions and read off some questions from that sheet. Classic OOP questions along with some LeetCode easy questions. 2 of the 4 interviewers sounded so bored and seemed like they hated their job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the New York office. Interviewers were pretty nice and asked a combination of behavioral and technical questions. Make sure you can talk about the market and have some basic understanding about statistics. Having some computer science background would be a plus for the researcher role, so just be aware.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

6 coding questions, 1 video interview
    Java coding questions revolving around OOPS concepts
    Coding questions asked via online website
    Video interview was one question, behavioral
    The interview was held via the hireview portal
    Code has to be copied to a separate editor between questions
    Consecutive questions need the code carried over

Interview Questions

• Java coding questions revolving around OOPS concepts
      Coding questions asked via online website
      Video interview was one question, behavioral
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two phone calls with managers in the Aladdin Client Services and BlackRock Solutions divisions, then I received a superday in New York shortly thereafter. The superday consisted of four interviews with different level employees, as well as a short SQL test and a presentation component.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I have applied directly through Blackrock's website, for an FMA and Fixed Income position. I was then invited to an online recorded interview for the two positions I had applied to. Got rejected a month later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first day was two interviews, both were one on one. Got called back for another 2 interviews the next day. Did not get the offer unfortunately. I was interviewing for Beta Strategy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2016.

Interview

I did the application in October 2015 and I have received the first response in the middle of December, where I was invited to do a Pre-recorded video interview.
    During the interview I had 30 seconds for reading the question and think before the video recording started.
    For each question I had 1 minute and half to respond the question.

Interview Questions

• 1)Why BlackRock?
      2)Why your current University?
      3)how you keep updated about financial markets?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was really smooth and simple, I went into the office for a standard, 45 minute interview, where we reviewed my resume, they asked questions, I asked questions, and then we toured the floor. It was very comfortable, and the portfolio managers that interviewed me were very friendly and made me feel at ease during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing in your previous work experiences that you could have done differently?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied online. Then I received email about vedio interview. I was required to log on a system then record interview. There was only two questions. After presented the question, I was given 10 minutes to prepare. First question is why this university and why this major. Second question is why this company why this position.