BlackRock Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Intern Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the New York office. Interviewers were pretty nice and asked a combination of behavioral and technical questions. Make sure you can talk about the market and have some basic understanding about statistics. Having some computer science background would be a plus for the researcher role, so just be aware.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

6 coding questions, 1 video interview
    Java coding questions revolving around OOPS concepts
    Coding questions asked via online website
    Video interview was one question, behavioral
    The interview was held via the hireview portal
    Code has to be copied to a separate editor between questions
    Consecutive questions need the code carried over

Interview Questions

• Java coding questions revolving around OOPS concepts
      Coding questions asked via online website
      Video interview was one question, behavioral
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2016.

Interview

I did the application in October 2015 and I have received the first response in the middle of December, where I was invited to do a Pre-recorded video interview.
    During the interview I had 30 seconds for reading the question and think before the video recording started.
    For each question I had 1 minute and half to respond the question.

Interview Questions

• 1)Why BlackRock?
      2)Why your current University?
      3)how you keep updated about financial markets?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied online. Then I received email about vedio interview. I was required to log on a system then record interview. There was only two questions. After presented the question, I was given 10 minutes to prepare. First question is why this university and why this major. Second question is why this company why this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

You first go through the recorded interview online, which is easier than you would think. I thought I did horribly but I just talked about my hedge fund class and ETFs we were trading. There is a video interview with one of the employees, which is very relaxed as well. If you pass that, they fly you to them for a 4-5 hour interview. You first eat lunch with the analysts and the other interns. After, you have separate interviews with Managing Directors, which were former Lehman Brothers employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were in a team setting that was failing and your contribution. Describe your resume. Why are you so special?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Applied online. Received a request for a video interview screen. I was given ten minutes to prepare for each question and two minutes to respond. I only had one chance to record each answer. After I submitted the videos, I got an email for a followup interview a couple days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a video interview over a skype-like service. They asked me behavioral questions. It was very based on my resume and past experience. I was interviewed by a second-year analyst. I felt like I was under pressure the entire time and she was waiting for me to make a mistake. To be fair, it was one of my first interview experiences so it may have been more difficult for me than others.

Interview Questions

• What is a trend in finance you have been following?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an email about an interview. Had a phone interview where they asked me some questions about java and a few about how some current events would affect certain markets. Was not prepared for it at all.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview on campus for the tech internship. The interviewer was friendly, but didn't ask really anything about me, just explained the position and BlackRock. Then we worked through a problem of how I would approach organizing a set of data. Overall, was a good experience, took them a week to offer a second round

Interview Questions

• How I would set up a set of data to tailor to the client's request?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from the recruiter about a week later. The internship position was to be part time in the local office and we scheduled a phone interview in the next couple days.

Phone interview was pretty easy and the interviewer was very nice. Just talked about qualifications and what the job would entail.

I followed up with the phone interview a week later and she told me that I didn't get the position. Though the later steps of the interview process I remember would be two more interviews with one with an actual graduate of my university and another with a manager. Pay was going to be a little low though.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BlackRock and asset managed securities.   Answer Question