BlackRock Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

3.4

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in March 2017.

Interview

Very long, skype call, 4 different people, lots of technical questions. I messed up a couple basic ones, most likely why I didnt get the job. I recieved word I didnt get it the next week. I kept in contact and I hope to apply again next year

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the New York office. Interviewers were pretty nice and asked a combination of behavioral and technical questions. Make sure you can talk about the market and have some basic understanding about statistics. Having some computer science background would be a plus for the researcher role, so just be aware.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

6 coding questions, 1 video interview
    Java coding questions revolving around OOPS concepts
    Coding questions asked via online website
    Video interview was one question, behavioral
    The interview was held via the hireview portal
    Code has to be copied to a separate editor between questions
    Consecutive questions need the code carried over

Interview Questions

• Java coding questions revolving around OOPS concepts
      Coding questions asked via online website
      Video interview was one question, behavioral   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first day was two interviews, both were one on one. Got called back for another 2 interviews the next day. Did not get the offer unfortunately. I was interviewing for Beta Strategy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2016.

Interview

I did the application in October 2015 and I have received the first response in the middle of December, where I was invited to do a Pre-recorded video interview.
    During the interview I had 30 seconds for reading the question and think before the video recording started.
    For each question I had 1 minute and half to respond the question.

Interview Questions

• 1)Why BlackRock?
      2)Why your current University?
      3)how you keep updated about financial markets?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied online. Then I received email about vedio interview. I was required to log on a system then record interview. There was only two questions. After presented the question, I was given 10 minutes to prepare. First question is why this university and why this major. Second question is why this company why this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

You first go through the recorded interview online, which is easier than you would think. I thought I did horribly but I just talked about my hedge fund class and ETFs we were trading. There is a video interview with one of the employees, which is very relaxed as well. If you pass that, they fly you to them for a 4-5 hour interview. You first eat lunch with the analysts and the other interns. After, you have separate interviews with Managing Directors, which were former Lehman Brothers employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were in a team setting that was failing and your contribution. Describe your resume. Why are you so special?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Applied online. Received a request for a video interview screen. I was given ten minutes to prepare for each question and two minutes to respond. I only had one chance to record each answer. After I submitted the videos, I got an email for a followup interview a couple days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a video interview over a skype-like service. They asked me behavioral questions. It was very based on my resume and past experience. I was interviewed by a second-year analyst. I felt like I was under pressure the entire time and she was waiting for me to make a mistake. To be fair, it was one of my first interview experiences so it may have been more difficult for me than others.

Interview Questions

• What is a trend in finance you have been following?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an email about an interview. Had a phone interview where they asked me some questions about java and a few about how some current events would affect certain markets. Was not prepared for it at all.