BlackRock Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

3.1

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Application, video, then interview. Interview consisted of 2x 30minute interview with members of department applied to. Very difficult with constant interrogation of what you say.
Good learning curve and would definately apply again. Very friendly nevertheless

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

First interview was on-campus. Questions included "why blackrock" and "walk me through a dcf." Second round was at their San Francisco office, consisting of four rounds. Questions were varied. There were brainteasers, strict technical questions (what is convexity? why is it important?), questions on market currents (what is QE? what is it supposed to be doing to the bond market/economy? what is actually occurring?) , theoretical questions on economics, current events (interview took place during Tunisia/Egypt uprisings) , and very specific questions about where certain indices were at (Dow Jones/S&P/etc).

Interview Questions

• What is convexity? How is it calculated? What does it tell you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in March 2017.

Interview

Very long, skype call, 4 different people, lots of technical questions. I messed up a couple basic ones, most likely why I didnt get the job. I recieved word I didnt get it the next week. I kept in contact and I hope to apply again next year

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the New York office. Interviewers were pretty nice and asked a combination of behavioral and technical questions. Make sure you can talk about the market and have some basic understanding about statistics. Having some computer science background would be a plus for the researcher role, so just be aware.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online, no online tests. The division was FMA.
    1st step: HireVue video interview. Three basic competency questions.
    2nd step: online live video interview. The interviewers were an analyst and a VP. Very detailed questions on past job experiences, general competency, news about BlackRock. Very specific technical questions. The case study is a math problem.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

4 interviews, all competency based. Took place on the same day along side a written question about the motivation to work at the firm. There was also a presentation about the firm from a current graduate in which some candidates let themselves down with unnecessary questions which stood out to the manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a video interview over a skype-like service. They asked me behavioral questions. It was very based on my resume and past experience. I was interviewed by a second-year analyst. I felt like I was under pressure the entire time and she was waiting for me to make a mistake. To be fair, it was one of my first interview experiences so it may have been more difficult for me than others.

Interview Questions

• What is a trend in finance you have been following?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

1st round - phone call from HR
    2nd round - VC interview

Was quite rigorous but not many technical questions were asked. mainly background checks and knowing your personality.

Phone call was with the HR manager based in India. She asked basic questions and was rather straightforward.

Second round was a VC interview with a senior associate and a line manager. took about 1 hr for the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

Interview

Went on "Super Day" so interviewed with several people. Be prepared to answer questions like "how would you value a company" and be prepared to talk about current economics events.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Referred by a friend to the company. Screening phone call was entirely fit based and went great. Superday consisted of 4 30 minute interviews, and was a mix of behavioral and fix questions. Ex: What is quantitative easing?