BlackRock Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

3.2

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First had a 1:1 interview, then attended the Super Day that lasted for four hours (1 group case, then 4 individual intervies)

Interview Questions

• what's the degree between the short hand and the long hand at 3:15   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an email about an interview. Had a phone interview where they asked me some questions about java and a few about how some current events would affect certain markets. Was not prepared for it at all.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Applied online. Received a request for a video interview screen. I was given ten minutes to prepare for each question and two minutes to respond. I only had one chance to record each answer. After I submitted the videos, I got an email for a followup interview a couple days later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

I was a referral. They called me in and spoke to me one on one, then the rest of the group came in to speak with me. It was a normal interview with basic questions. I've heard that they do very technical interviews otherwise though. I would offer all other candidates to study their technicals and be ready to get grilled. The culture is very tense and everyone is on the verge of going off on the next person.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you took control of a group and failed   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in May 2013.

Interview

Very easy basic sql questions and they help in giving answers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied online. Then I received email about vedio interview. I was required to log on a system then record interview. There was only two questions. After presented the question, I was given 10 minutes to prepare. First question is why this university and why this major. Second question is why this company why this position.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was really smooth and simple, I went into the office for a standard, 45 minute interview, where we reviewed my resume, they asked questions, I asked questions, and then we toured the floor. It was very comfortable, and the portfolio managers that interviewed me were very friendly and made me feel at ease during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing in your previous work experiences that you could have done differently?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the end of the application was to ask me do a visual covering letter, which contain 2 questions, and when u apply you can choose two division, you need to record two video for that and each video take 5 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why Blackrock
      why this role   Answer Question
    • Why you choose this major, how you think this major can help you in your career path   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

6 coding questions, 1 video interview
    Java coding questions revolving around OOPS concepts
    Coding questions asked via online website
    Video interview was one question, behavioral
    The interview was held via the hireview portal
    Code has to be copied to a separate editor between questions
    Consecutive questions need the code carried over

Interview Questions

• Java coding questions revolving around OOPS concepts
      Coding questions asked via online website
      Video interview was one question, behavioral   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Posted resume to campus career center. Had first round on campus. Went to NY for 4 1:1 interviews. Non-technical, but mostly knowledge and personality based.