BlackRock Summer Analyst, Aladdin Client Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Summer Analyst, Aladdin Client Services Interview Questions

Interviews at BlackRock

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Took less than a week total. Applied on their career site. Had a phone interview with an associate for first round, then called in for SuperDay after the phone call.

Associate Phone interview questions:
walk me through your resume
what do you know about Aladdin?
What is one news/event that you read about today that was interesting to you?
How do you keep yourself updated with the financial services industry?
What do you know about fixed income?
How do you price a bond?
What is the discount rate?
Is the discount rate the same as the 10-year treasury yield?
What do you know about duration?

SuperDay:
- 4 one-on-one interviews with VP's and directors + 1 group activity (case study+presentation)
What is your understanding of Aladdin?
What is one news/event that you read recently that was interesting to you?
Why did you choose your major? Why BlackRock?
How does BlackRock fit into the asset management industry and the financial services industry?
What is Duration and Convexity in a risk management framework?
What is an option?
What are some option strategies?

Was notified with offer a week after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. I applied online and then was contacted in about a week to schedule a HireVue interview. Once that was completed, I was asked to to a Skype videoconference call interview with a current analyst. Then, I was invited to the onsite Super Day interview in NYC where I had three interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I Applied online in November and then afterwards did the hirevue video screening. I was emailed weeks later about a 30 min initial interview and then a superday of 3 interviews.

Summer Analyst, Aladdin Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round phone interview with a current analyst. Superday consisted of a 45 minute group project with three other candidates and then four interviews back to back. First three were with one interviewer and the last one was with two. Mostly behavioral questions but a few technicals about the financial markets and database queries.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the Aladdin group as opposed to elsewhere in the firm?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you would struggle with the most on the job?   Answer Question
    • Describe in simple terms a complex concept that interests you and others may not know about.   1 Answer

Aladdin Client Services Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

After initial applications, there's an immediate 'virtual cover letter' (video interview) with competency questions. The next stage is a video interview 2x 30 mins with current analysts in the division. Finally, there is an AC based in Blackrock offices. This consists of 3/4 interviews followed by a group exercise. Mainly experiences and competency based, but it can get very technical depending on your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a difficult situation and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Explain as you would to a 5-year-old, what is a spreadsheet?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Aladdin Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Step 1: Online Application & Hirevue Cover Letter
    Step 2: 1st Round Interview - 2x 30 min - 2 different interviewers

Did the online application + cover letter (they give you 5 days to complete it if i remember correctly) in November, and didn't hear about a first round interview till March. Got an AC invitation two days after my interview.

Really kind interviewers, unexpectedly chill but definitely felt the need to deliver for each question.