BlackRock Human Resources Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Human Resources Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR via email about 2 weeks after submitting application. The email asked to provide a range of times/dates for setting up a first round virtual interview. The interviewer was a leader in the organization and was able to provide a lot of detail about the role (which turned out to be very data focused/report heavy) before asking me to walk through my resume. HR followed up a few days later regarding a second round. Declined second round interview offer, which would have been in person. Process was very professional and timely.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with excel? Provide specific examples.   Answer Question
    • How can you use your previous HR experience in this role?   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Got a phone interview in the afternoon, the interviewer asked very detailed questions about my analytic experiences
    Interviewer was very intimidating but also very polite and professional
    You can hear noises on the background

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career center and heard back a few months later that they were beginning the hiring process for this position. I completed a one way video screening where 2 basic questions were asked.

After I passed the screening, I received an email saying I was chosen for a video chat interview with a recruiter. This was a very standard interview consisting mostly of behavioral questions trying to gauge your interest in the program and where you would fit in.

Two days later I was told I was selected for a final round interview in New York. They flew me out to New York the following week for a 3 hour interview session that included a lunch, and 3 half hour interviews. Some of the interviews were 2:1 and some were 1:1. It was difficult to gauge what they were looking for here as I thought I answered everything well and that I was getting good vibes from the interviewers, but it was hard to tell. They told me they would get back to me in a week or so. Less than a week later I was told I did not receive an offer.

Overall a positive experience, however the program was really small so the likelihood of being selected was even smaller. It was also very difficult to gauge how well you did which made me uncomfortable, and that was consensus among all of the candidates when we spoke after.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you had to build a relationship with someone professionally.   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Typical On-Campus Interview, mostly went through my resume and asked about my experience. There were no technical or hard questions. It lasted about thirty minutes.
    There were two interviewers and they were nice and friendly. Be sure to be able to go in details about your experience or internship as they may ask follow-up questions on it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Campus recruitment interview. Interviewer was very casual and interview itself was very conversational. Nothing too technical, mostly behavioral but interviewer does get very impressed if you can state facts about the company that she's not aware of.

Interview Questions

• What kind of position do you take during group assignment/project?   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst - Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruitment company put me forward for the interview. Attended the interview, it was with one woman and lasted about 30 minutes. Nice and relaxed and she just got to know about my experience and asked me basic competency questions.

Long story short....No feedback and no outcome.... Very frustrating and disappointing. I had taken time out of my day to attend an interview and they didn't even have the decency to let me know their decision. Obviously, it wasn't the recruitment company's fault, but it does place a black cloud over Blackrock's name whenever I hear their name... I know I won't be looking for a job there in the future (and will be recommending others not to bother going through the recruitment process) if they don't treat all individuals with respect and courtesy... It makes you wonder how they treat their current employees and clients with that attitude?