BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was average. Consisted of three parts. First there was a coding round, then a telephonic interview and lastly an in person interview at their Seattle office for three hours. Overall the interview process was smooth. Interviewers were very nice and friendly.

Blackrock Data Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Sent in online application, they got back to me after a month. Online coding assessment. After a few weeks, flew me to New York for a final round. Interview a combination of behavioral and technical stuff. Asked a lot "why blackrock?"

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Phone interview - 20 mins. Behavioral and skill assessment. Quickly both figured out it was not a good fit. Like the company but not the role. They were very professional and kind enpugh to grant me a confidential interview- not easy given the small word I work in.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle managing a global organization? What do you bring to a team?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in February 2017.

Interview

completed their hacker rank challenge. And I was invited onsite. before the onsite, I asked in an email about the interview process and was told the morning sessions would be technical. It turned out to be more than 7 rounds of interviews through out the day. At some point, I asked my interviewer in the afternoon, "how many more rounds?" because at some point, you are just very tired mentally. But seemed like my interviewer had no idea and told me to wait in the room and see if anyone else will come in.
    And you would think .... after 7 rounds of interviews, if they were not interested in you, they would either email or call. But non of that happened. Last time I interviewed was 2014, maybe 2017 is one of those year where companies like Blackrock doesn't bother to talk to candidates that they don't want anymore?
    It's just very unfortunate. They will give you an info session about the company and say that their CEO/leadership feel everyone should know a little about finance or the business. During my 7 rounds of interview, no interviewer even spent 1 minute talking about the business.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I completed the virtual cover letter questions and was called to interview in the London office a few weeks later. This was 2x 30 min one-to-one interviews and then a group business case presentation. It took one month after the final round interview to find out the outcome.

Financial Modeling Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2017.

Interview

After I finished the online application, I received the virtual cover letter thing and two assessments, but just need to do one of them. Either coding or probability, but I did both. A week later I received the video interview invitation. Interviewed with one of the quant analyst.

Interview Questions

• Some probability questions and need to solve some coding problems.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first day was two interviews, both were one on one. Got called back for another 2 interviews the next day. Did not get the offer unfortunately. I was interviewing for Beta Strategy.

Equities Spring Insight Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application form -> video "cover letter" -> 2 x 30 minute interviews with equity researchers in their London office. The video cover letter was by Hirevue and asked typical questions such as Why BlackRock and how would your degree help. Following this, I was invited to interview in London. The interviews were quite challenging as they challenged many of my answers to see if I could defend them. I'm not sure exactly what they were looking for, but I expect they wanted to see someone who could defend their argument and wasn't afraid to have an opinion.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Application online, tests, phone call or Skype call (2) and then Assessment center (4 interviews and group project). Two interviews were behavioural, the assessment center was more technical. Overall I found that I was much more comfortable with the people interviewing me here and that is how I knew I wanted to work in BlackRock compared to other firms.

Interview Questions

• 1. Bank balance sheets
      2. Market awareness
      3. Division awareness
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interview process had four rounds - managerial and three rounds of technical. The interviewers were friendly and will mostly give hints to you if you are on the right track to the solution but stuck. The questions asked were pretty straightforward and mostly tested how well you know the concepts.