BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017
1,100 Interview Reviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

lengthy - emails, phone interviews, super day. I had received information about BlackRock through my school. I got a phone call from a director on the team, spoke for 30 minutes, and he told me submit a resume so they could formally interview me. Several phone calls with other team members followed, then I did a super day, meeting with 5-6 people in one sitting. Then a project and an offer. Good experience overall.

Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Champaign, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

The first interview was done all online by recording your answers via video. Questions were mostly behavioral but some were also testing data skills, such as probability questions or scenarios and multiple choice responses.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

People from BlackRock came to our school for a special recruiting event.
    We had three rounds of interviews on the same day.
    I was told that it would be more cultural and behavioral interview, but it was just the opposite.
    They just asked my background and moved on with technical questions right away.
    each interview lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are are the differences between AngularJS and React?   1 Answer
    • How would you design an application for a restaurant reservation system? (data structure, frontend..)   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Prerecorded video interview > Online video interview with 2 people, 30min each > 4 hours of interviews at HQ. We got a 15 minute break during the super day. They had us do a group 'presentation' on the product we would be working on, and then they had 5 interview slots with various people at the company. They generally asked personality based questions, what would you do in a given scenario, etc. They did not have skills based questions.

Interview Questions

• If you could do any job you wanted for a million dollars a year, what would you do?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

A few Steps. First hirevue virtual camera. Then over the phone with HR. Then over the phone with two employees of spot your applying for. Then super day consisting of 5 30 min interviews.

Interview Questions

• What have you been following in the markets?   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and then I received an email that requires me to unload an online cover letter. After about three weeks, I received another email that requires me to take an online interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

The application process is online. After application you need to take a quantative assessment on some chart and math questions. It was straight forward. After you gp through an automatic interview with software.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through their career website for the summer analyst position in Financial Markets Advisory. I had to complete an virtual cover letter. I had two questions and for each one they gave me 5mins to prepare the answer.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience and background contribute to the position ?
      Why BlackRock?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

Positive experience. Had 3 rounds of interviews. Initial phone call with hiring manager followed by in-person interview. Final onsite interview involved a presentation of one their funds. Everyone was very nice.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application with CV attached
    HireVue online recorded interview
    Follow up in person interview at the London Office, in two stages. 1) Choose an article you've read recently and talk about it 2) general interview questions

Whilst the online interview had fairly standard questions (e.g. the role the company) the in person interview I felt patronised and looked down on. The gentleman wasn't welcoming, I felt as if I was wasting his time. He kept looking at his watch and I knew he wanted to leave. This put me really on edge and I forgot what I was saying a lot of the time. I understand that blackrock is a huge, successful firm, but the way in which I was looked down on was incredibly unpleasant and if that is the kind of environment and character they promote I wouldn't have wanted to work there.
    The second part of the interview was with a different lady and whilst she was more engaged I still felt as if I was trying to be caught out or tripped up with my answers, typical questions about demonstrating a time where you've had to use team work, deal with a difficult person, overcome a personal obstacle.
    In addition the interview was in a corridor and people were walking past all the time which was quite distracting. Also, I was only paid my expenses for this interview (promised from the point of application) in September 2017 (6 months post interview) after 3 follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to read a recent article I had found interesting and talk about it   Answer Question
    • Typical examples of team work, drive, analytical thinking, overcoming obstacles   Answer Question
    • Describe how a normal individual would go about obtaining shares in blackrock   Answer Question
    • What other products and services do we offer   Answer Question