BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,007 Interview Reviews

3.1

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds and I met 5 people. The interview process took for about a month. The interviewers were very friendly and asked appropriate work related questions.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Phone interview - 20 mins. Behavioral and skill assessment. Quickly both figured out it was not a good fit. Like the company but not the role. They were very professional and kind enpugh to grant me a confidential interview- not easy given the small word I work in.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle managing a global organization? What do you bring to a team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interview process had four rounds - managerial and three rounds of technical. The interviewers were friendly and will mostly give hints to you if you are on the right track to the solution but stuck. The questions asked were pretty straightforward and mostly tested how well you know the concepts.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was average. Consisted of three parts. First there was a coding round, then a telephonic interview and lastly an in person interview at their Seattle office for three hours. Overall the interview process was smooth. Interviewers were very nice and friendly.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in March 2017.

Interview

First round was HackerRank coding challenge- mainly testing data structure concepts.
    Then after a week they scheduled a video interview with four 45 minutes video rounds.
    It started off with a session with the manager who went for a resume walk through and the scope and responsibilities of Aladdin group at BlackRock.The other 3 rounds were technical rounds where you will be tested based on your skills mentioned in resume like Java, Spring, Hibernate, Angular JS, other projects. Interviewers were friendly and knowledgable.Had a smooth experience. Waiting for results.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock? Difference between stock and bonds. Angular Routing, Components, Hibernate mapping, HashMap internals, MultiThreading   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR via email about 2 weeks after submitting application. The email asked to provide a range of times/dates for setting up a first round virtual interview. The interviewer was a leader in the organization and was able to provide a lot of detail about the role (which turned out to be very data focused/report heavy) before asking me to walk through my resume. HR followed up a few days later regarding a second round. Declined second round interview offer, which would have been in person. Process was very professional and timely.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with excel? Provide specific examples.   Answer Question
    • How can you use your previous HR experience in this role?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through the career website of BlackRock, the first interview was a record interview on HireVue with some basic question as tell me about yourself, why blackrock. Then was reached out by the HR and scheduled an interview with one of the team member, the interview was purely technical with math, statistical model, programming and finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. Mean variance efficiency. Time series model.   Answer Question

Fix Income Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application in Oct, recorded a video interview (basic questions e.g. introduce yourself). Got a phone interview the next March. Drilled on every detail in your CV.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in March 2017.

Interview

Very long, skype call, 4 different people, lots of technical questions. I messed up a couple basic ones, most likely why I didnt get the job. I recieved word I didnt get it the next week. I kept in contact and I hope to apply again next year

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight-forward. Applied through college job posting, interviewed with HR, then a phone interview with manager and director, then came in for in-person interview with the team. Questions were mostly behavioral and about my background and previous experiences.