BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

3.1

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

i applied directly through their website for summer internship role of software engineer and first round is a online coding assessment of 7 questions (6 coding and 1 video question) and not heard back yet

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online a two weeks ago, was asked to do the online interview/ cover letter before my application would be submitted. You are given about 3 days to complete the online cover letter which gets sent to you immediately after submitting your application. Haven't heard anything back yet. Will keep updating if I get to the next step.
    I was asked two question. Listed below.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received first round interview with the team. I am supposed to interview with two team members at different times. The first one was 40 minutes late but the interview was very smooth and easy. There were some standard behavior questions with a brain teaser. The other one skipped the first scheduled time and asked me provide other available times. The same thing happened four times. He or she skipped every scheduled interview, then emailed me and set up a new one for all four times. I am not sure why this happened but I am deeply disappointed.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying online, they will send you an email with a online interview website to conduct a virtual cover-letter interview, there would be two questions in total.Then they will contact you about the next step. Questions are similar as what mentioned in Glassdoor

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Nicely designed, 4 back-to-back interviews, mixed behavior and technical questions. You should prepare a lot for Java concept questions such as the difference between Concurrent HashMap and synchronized HashMap and perhaps low-level knowledge.
    Asked about your background related to finance, why BlackRock? What do you want to get from BlackRock? Things like these.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the university career entry. After the application, I immediately got the email saying I have to finish a 'virtual cover letter' in three days. And the digital interview is recorded and about 5 mins long. Only two questions were asked about why the company and why your major. I got the reply the day after saying the positions have already filled out and no more interviews for that job. That's kinda disappointing and confusing.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After applying, I had to do a virtual cover letter which is basically 2 behavioral questions. Then next round is online technical assessment. You can choose from Coding or Statistics. Both were reasonably challenging. Waiting for feedback

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major and how will it help you in your career?   Answer Question

Client Services Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online (in October). Have to submit a digital cover letter. Two months later, I got an invite to have a HireVue video interview with a VP on the team. After this, I was flow out for a Superday and interviewed for a position with three other candidates. Interviews were all behavioral and fit; however, there were a few general market questions with our opinions. Felt like a strong candidate but didn't receive an offer based on affirmative actions initiatives (feedback I got).

Interview Questions

• What are your opinions on the market + where is it going?   Answer Question
    • Difficult team member question, walk me their your resume question   Answer Question

Data Related Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2017.

Interview

interviewed by 5 different people and each for about 30 minutes. No finance questions just general/behavioral questions and some brain teasers. Having general knowledge of the financial industry and Black Rock as a company certainly helps. Be able to talk about yourself and your resume in detail. Four business days later, still don't know whether get an offer.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

It was easy but unflexible, the people are nice, warm and welcoming. HR keeps you up to date. Interviewers do not ask tough but thoughtful questions. It was overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• 2 days, in total 1 test and 4 interviews.   3 Answers