BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2018
1,204 Interview Reviews

Client Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Three round of skype interviews, back to back. Very chill interviewers, just like casual chats. But cannot tell if they like you or not. Very open to talk and happy to answer your questions. But HR does not get back to you (It's been 3 weeks for me and I still have not heard back so I assume I am rejected)

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Online interview. On-site interviews in SF 2 weeks later that included one round (mostly behavioral) on Thurs with 2 interviewers and got a call for the final round on Friday with 4 interviewers. I really liked the team and the innovation-oriented culture. Final round was definitely way more technical. Afterwards, I waited for a week before getting the offer through HR's phone call on the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• - Talk about investing, past summer internship experience, problems I solved
      - Technicals   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in October 2017.

Interview

I was selected to attend a Superday interview at Wilmington, DE office. The interview consisted of six 30-min one-on-one chats with managers from different teams. The interviewers were nice and helpful. However, there was no response from them in four weeks after the interview. When I followed up for the third time, they finally responded with a rejection. It was 32 days after the interview! The HR is poorly organized.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

It was a ZOOM interview. There were 3 rounds, each takes about 30 minutes. People who interviewed me are from offices of Tokyo, Singapore, and Australia. They are all analysts and seems to be nice in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• $100 million investment, how to diversify your portfolio.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Did the hirevue where I recorded a video clip by looking into the webcam. Just had to make sure to fix my eyesight around the camera to simulate contact. I am pretty sure someone told me there's algorithms built into hirevue to calculate how times you look down.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up two skype interviews for me. The first Interviewer was one hour late and very unprofessional during the interview. She was obviously very sleepy at the time. The second interviewer was even worse. He did not show up on the first day and they sent me an email one hour later for another interview at the same time on the next day. It turned out the interviewer decided not to show up again the second day as well. Then they sent an email saying they are really sorry but they are very interested in me and wanted to reschedule at the same time on the third day. The interviewer finally showed up 30 minutes past the scheduled time on the third day.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with one of the managers. Very positive and then was scheduled for three in person interviews and a video conference. The first interview was a general interview. The second was a technical interview with one larger problem and one smaller problem. The third interview was with the manager again.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of words and a dictionary, order the words based on the number of anagrams found in the dictionary.   Answer Question

Executive Office Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The first step was an automated video interview with regular experience/resume questions. The next step was an in-person interview at their office with 2 people (one over their internal video system and one in person).

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume and experience related questions. They also asked about what kind of work environment I preferred and some excel questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

One phone screen and onsite interview with 4 people (30 minutes each). Mostly questions surrounding my resume. I was expecting algorithm questions, but did not get any. Everyone was very friendly and it sounded like they were doing interesting things in the group.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume. What is going on undercover in Python Lists, why are working with numpy arrays faster? Tell me about Python generators. Describe c++ VTable.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus career site and then was contacted to complete 2 rounds of virtual interviews. They referred to these as "virtual cover letters" but they were more like interview questions that would not normally be on a cover letter.