BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

3.1

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process for the Corporate Finance begins with an online video submission asking some basic questions about major and why your interested in your role. Followed by a video interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your major and why are you interested in BlackRock   Answer Question

Financial Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online for summer analyst. Once the application completed, I immediately received a virtual cover letter link to submit a video recording. Then for Financial Modeling Group, I received a coding test invitation (you can choose coding or statistical skills test).

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you think you're a good fit for BlackRock and why did you apply to the specific division?
      2. Why did you choose your academic area of study and how do you believe it will help you in your future career?

Client Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First step was a virtual 'cover letter', answering simple prerecorded questions. About a month letter got invited for a virtual interview (talking to actual person this time) on Hirevue. Lasted 30 minutes, asked why BlackRock, what I knew about Aladdin, biggest risk I've ever taken. Final step is super day at the New York office this week....

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the New York office. Interviewers were pretty nice and asked a combination of behavioral and technical questions. Make sure you can talk about the market and have some basic understanding about statistics. Having some computer science background would be a plus for the researcher role, so just be aware.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process I felt was drawn out. There was a lot of time between interviews, with little communication. I applied online before the October deadline, heard back 3 weeks later, had a virtual interview, 6 weeks later was invited into the office for super-day interviews. I enjoyed the interview process throughout, although there might be some bias as I really want to work at BlackRock.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock?
      What are some market conditions that interest you?
      How do you stay on top of the markets?

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock in December 2016.

Interview

I applied two summer analyst and both send me to accomplish an virtual cover letter. And the questions for the two virtual cover letter is the same.The virtual cover letter is ten minutes and there are 2 questions. 1) Why BlackRock and Why this division. 2) What's your favorite class and why.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via university career website. Got a mail asking to submit the coding interview. Process was smooth. and the test consisted of 7 techical questions. All were related to the company working.

Interview Questions

• They asked java questions . All the questions were related to the comapany strucutre   Answer Question

Alternative Private Equity Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied with OCR and then get the interview on skype with an associate and a manager. The questions were mostly fit and my previous internship. I was asked about how my prior experiences in private equity firm. They really grilled me on those since I didn't prepare well. In addition, I was also asked about my thoughts on the differences between different financial market. I would say not very technical but also not very conversational. They asked me about specific numbers of some key metrics then let me walk him through the logic of these transactions.

Interview Questions

• Talk About your transaction experience at your previous internship   Answer Question

Aladdin Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Up to the super day, the process was very fast. short hirevue interview to ask why black rock why your major why acs. Super day had a group case study which was quite pointless, and 4 back to back interviews that questioned some finance knowledge and a lot of behavioural questions.
    Interview is not necessarily difficult but they really look for a good "fit" it seems like.
    Been more than a month since I had the final round super day and they still have not told me I have been rejected.

Interview Questions

• What gets you up in the morning?
      What is your proudest accomplishment?
      Questions that ask basic concepts about stocks/bonds/inflation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online at school job webinar, and then it took 2 weeks to process and I received an email about the online Interview by HireVue. The questions were the regular ones. After 1 week, a senior employee contacted me and had a phone interview. I was rejected 15 days later.