BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017
1,007 Interview Reviews

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock in December 2016.

Interview

I applied two summer analyst and both send me to accomplish an virtual cover letter. And the questions for the two virtual cover letter is the same.The virtual cover letter is ten minutes and there are 2 questions. 1) Why BlackRock and Why this division. 2) What's your favorite class and why.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via university career website. Got a mail asking to submit the coding interview. Process was smooth. and the test consisted of 7 techical questions. All were related to the company working.

Interview Questions

• They asked java questions . All the questions were related to the comapany strucutre   Answer Question

Alternative Private Equity Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied with OCR and then get the interview on skype with an associate and a manager. The questions were mostly fit and my previous internship. I was asked about how my prior experiences in private equity firm. They really grilled me on those since I didn't prepare well. In addition, I was also asked about my thoughts on the differences between different financial market. I would say not very technical but also not very conversational. They asked me about specific numbers of some key metrics then let me walk him through the logic of these transactions.

Interview Questions

• Talk About your transaction experience at your previous internship   Answer Question

Aladdin Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Up to the super day, the process was very fast. short hirevue interview to ask why black rock why your major why acs. Super day had a group case study which was quite pointless, and 4 back to back interviews that questioned some finance knowledge and a lot of behavioural questions.
    Interview is not necessarily difficult but they really look for a good "fit" it seems like.
    Been more than a month since I had the final round super day and they still have not told me I have been rejected.

Interview Questions

• What gets you up in the morning?
      What is your proudest accomplishment?
      Questions that ask basic concepts about stocks/bonds/inflation.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online at school job webinar, and then it took 2 weeks to process and I received an email about the online Interview by HireVue. The questions were the regular ones. After 1 week, a senior employee contacted me and had a phone interview. I was rejected 15 days later.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Sent a virtual cover letter, got a reply just under a month later about a first round video interview. Got an invitation for the final round interview a few days later.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and then given a hirevue coding test + video interview question. The coding test was pretty standard java string questions and the hirevue video interview just asked why you majored in what you major. I do not know what comes next as thats all I got to. I assume the next step would be an onsite or phone interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2016.

Interview

Online interview through hirevue, which is a very modern way to do, saving lots of time for companies. But it is really awkward for me to talk with a camera while you have to pretend you have eye contact. And the timing is set at 90 secoonds, you video will be automatically cut, so should be really cautious abou this issue. Try several times before the real attempt.

Interview Questions

• Very simple and basic background question like why Blackrock and why this position.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

4 hour online interview for the first round. Basically making sure you know basic object-oriented concepts and how to parse strings, but FAR too long in length. Then they bring you to an onsite interview. The questions are incredibly basic. I'm pretty good at technical interviews and answered everything without flaw, but still got rejected. The recruiter I had was impersonal and took forever to answer any questions. After interviewing in person, I never got so much as a rejection email and had to call them to find out I was rejected. No idea why. Only one of the four developers I talked to seemed even remotely interested in their job or performing the interview. Offices are kinda bland on the inside, nothing like any other software company you could work for. Overall, I wouldn't recommend even applying unless you REALLY want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Super easy stuff. Implement fizz buzz, then do it without a modulus operator. What is the Unix Epoch. A couple other questions I forgot, but they weren't difficult. Basic data structure questions. You get to meet with one of the directors who will ask you a personality question or two. Every single interviewer will ask you "Why BlackRock?" so be prepared. If you're reading this, you're probably prepared enough already.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

After I submitted the application, I received an email to record virtual cover letter. It has two questions about how your academic background contribute you to this position and why blackrock. After several weeks, it asked me to do the online assessment of stats or coding. Stats are all multiple choices.

Interview Questions

• You are performing a regression of Y on X, and find that the variability of the residual is unequal across the range of X. What can we imply from this?   Answer Question