BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.1

Client Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial virtual cover with 2 questions. First round interview over the computer. Final round in NY with multiple interviews. The first round interview was not so difficult, but expect a case interview type question and a couple questions that require some thought; Teach me something, Tell me about an experience where you had a disagreement with a leader and how it was resolved.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock and why ACS? Why finance from your background?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst, Aladdin Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round phone interview with a current analyst. Superday consisted of a 45 minute group project with three other candidates and then four interviews back to back. First three were with one interviewer and the last one was with two. Mostly behavioral questions but a few technicals about the financial markets and database queries.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the Aladdin group as opposed to elsewhere in the firm?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you would struggle with the most on the job?   Answer Question
    • Describe in simple terms a complex concept that interests you and others may not know about.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two phone calls with managers in the Aladdin Client Services and BlackRock Solutions divisions, then I received a superday in New York shortly thereafter. The superday consisted of four interviews with different level employees, as well as a short SQL test and a presentation component.

Analyst - Portfolio Analytics Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very short first round interview, final round super day the next day. Meet with one senior person for one 30 minute interview on the first day, then have a series of interviews with other members of PAG the next day.

Interview Questions

• What are some events in the market that are affecting global interest rate dynamics?   Answer Question

Black Rock Marketing & Communications (Founders Scholarship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a first round one day and a second round (if invited) the exact next day. . The basic behavioral questions, no anything technical. They did ask how they could attract millennial to use their service. The two people were very nice and welcoming. If you do not have a marketing/business background, they will ask about that an what attracted you to the job.
    We interviewed in hotel rooms.

Interview Questions

• Why marketing? What about marketing do you like? Can you give an example of a firm that used digital media in a good way? How can we attract millennials to use our service?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied by submitting my resume on their website. I was then contacted about a video interview. A couple days later I received an email about a SuperDay the following week. The SuperDay was 4.5 hours - 4 interviews and 1 case/presentation. The interviews were very relaxed. It almost feel more like a conversation. Everyone was really nice and interested in what I had to share.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the career site on campus. I got the first round video interview 2,3 weeks afterwards. Then, I got invited to superday in NY for 2nd round in person interview. However, the interviewer talked so much so I barely even talked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on website
    Took Online web interview on same day.
    Got email asking for scholarship essay.
    Got invitation to interview on campus
    I applied for multi assets and alternative investments based on my background but was assigned to interview for quant based equity +fixed income and trading/ Liquidites team. This mismatch truly deprived me of the opportunity to impress them with my background as they were specifically looking for candidates with quants and IT background.

Interview Questions

• It varies for different individuals based on your back ground. Interview questions are asked based on what you say ok the spot. So I suggest you know your content and know about the company.
      Some technical and some behavioral (team based questions)
      If you have a finance back ground or CFA candidacy on your resume: questions include,
      DCF Analysis
      Million dollar portfolio allocation
      Sharpe ratio , hedging, credit default swaps , interest rate parity, etc
      1 Answer

Investment Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

2 Phone Screens, In-Person w/ 2 sets of managers, In-Person Presentation followed by Q&A and several manager 1:1's. A mixture of behavioral and analytical questions; know current market trends and events.

A lot of emphasis on "Why BlackRock"...I came from a competitor so they wanted to know why I wanted to work for them specifically.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

this interview was on hirevue. It was a recorded interview in which I was asked two questions (one at a time) and given about 2 minutes to prepare an answer for each one. you could not rerecord your answers, once they 90 seconds or was up the answer was submitted and it advanced to the next one. they gave two sample questions for you to practice with and you could advance to the real questions whenever you wanted. I received a follow up email about a month later asking me to do the next step- two more questions on hirevue. Awaiting an answer from that.