BlackRock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2017
1,184 Interview Reviews

DIG Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

has been referred by a friend, the hire manager called first, then interview onsite with three different groups and total 6 people. The onsite interview last 3 hours, all general questions,

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

the worst interview experience ever. uncoordinated, random and weird. did i even apply for a software engineering role? was not even interested in answering the questions after the 2nd round. The job description is all nonsense.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Start with a coding challenge with hacker rank. This is one of the hardest interviews I ever faced. Had three questions able to complete only one at the given time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

HR in the company works really slow and doesn't care about any future employee. (A big no if you have other offers)

Pretty Easy Hackerrank test. Level Easy
    Onsite rounds
    two rounds, during the first interview they asked pretty simple things initially. When I answered all the questions, it looked like they ran out of questions and started asking anything (which I didn't really understand, nor they were able to explain).

During the second interview, the interviewer was asking anything but regarding job-related questions. It seems interviewer didn't have enough technical knowledge on the questions that they were asking.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed at Blackrock in Nov 2016. The process is extremely badly designed, they think they are google and thus they take 6-8 interviews, 1st 4 are some junior analyst level interviewers who are just there to get interview experience and thus waste our time, then come the hiring managers who have no idea how to select candidates in their team and in the end they let most of the candidates go with little or no reason. I would reccomend if you have other offers, make sure Blackrock is the last one.

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete an online response to a few questions, then a 30 minute conversation with a Blackrock employee if you passed the online response. Then the final round was 3 hours long, interviewed with 4 employees, asked quite a few questions on behavior and teamwork

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

OA

30 phone interview. Asked why black rock? First discuss about projects on resume, then asked some java problems. In the end, a medium level coding on online text editor.

Interview Questions

• java string problems
      behavior questions
      resume questions, what tech did you use. Who choose one instead of another.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

At first, had a coding test through HireVue - 6 questions. The test builds on Portfolio management- Java OOP, lots of string parsing and financial math involved. The descriptions were good enough to understand the assignment, except for the last question, which was tricky.

Directly made it to onsite without a phone interview. Had 4 interviews- 2 technical, and 2 behavioral. The behavioral part was standard- talk about projects and other "tell me about a time.." questions. The first technical interview was based on OOP design and built further on the online coding test. The interviewer was pleasant and seemed satisfied with my solution. The second technical interview was weird. Went into details of Java HashMap, List interface, Abstract classes, Interface, Design patterns and asked an algorithmic question in the end. The 2nd technical interviewer was rude and said in my face "You don't seem to know Java at all" when I said that you need to redefine every single function in a Java interface, unlike abstract classes, which might have concrete methods. He was a very condescending Indian man. He also asked to code a singleton and gave me 5 minutes to code an algorithmic question, which I couldn't manage within the given time. To top that, the 4th interviewer came in 50 minutes late.

Overall, you can see a lot of people saying how the company is quite disrespectful towards candidates. They are right and I've experienced it first hand. Also, the recruiter never responded to my emails. Whenever the recruiter needed to talk, she'd call and not even acknowledge the emails that I sent. Would avoid at all costs, unless there was no other option.

Interview Questions

• Java HashMap, List interface and its implementations, Abstract classes, Interface, Design patterns and an algorithmic question in the end   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in April 2017.

Interview

Got 2 hours​ hackerrank coding test. Got invitation for on-site interview with no travel reimbursement. Showed up at the interview. Was told that my experience is less than what is required. Highly unprofessional recruiting management. Would recommend to impart time on other applications.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at Blackrock in May 2017. They think they are google and thus they take 7-8 interviews. First, they took 3 rounds ( 1 coding, 2 phone technical interviews) and then said that the position has been filled via internal reference. Then they told me to that they will interview me for a different team. Video technical interviews for the whole day with 8 people one on one based in NY and Wilmington. Then they told that still Hiring manager is remaining and he will be available day after tomorrow. Then one more round with the hiring manager for 50 mins. Then they emailed me that reviews were very positive and then vanished. I emailed them to at least give a rejection email but still no reply from them. It sucks as I wasted like 5 days with them. At least I deserve a general automatic email confirming rejection. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Java, J2EE, Spring framework ( in deep ), Aspect-oriented programming, Hibernate, RestFul and SOAP in deep, deploying the application in a distributed environment and on parallel servers, WAR file related questions.   Answer Question