BlackRock Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

3.2

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Two interviews over HireVue platform with current employees of the company. After those, they flew me to the London HQ for three more interviews with senior staff and a problem solving test.
    Except for one particular interviewer, everyone was very friendly and the interviews were enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to stay up to date with the financial markets?
      What do you know about BlackRock?
      Walk me through your CV.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Standard telephone interview were i was asked about my motivation for the FIG Business Manager Associate role and generally about my background.
    The interview was a week later with the global head of the Financial institutions Group, who asked very unusual questions about my background. All questions were fairly intrusive and related to my personal life, and intimate parts of my personal relationship with my family and parents. It's not possible to prepare for this interview since there was not a single competency or knowledge based interview.
    I never received any feedback from the interview from HR, neither in form of a phone call, personal email or even automated email. I tired contacting them myself but was unsuccessful.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The initial stage is done through HireVue, the next stage consists of 2 interviews with current employees. Everyone was very friendly and willing to help. The HireVue part it's a virtual cover letter where you talk about your motivation to apply for the role.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I completed the virtual cover letter questions and was called to interview in the London office a few weeks later. This was 2x 30 min one-to-one interviews and then a group business case presentation. It took one month after the final round interview to find out the outcome.

Analyst - Portfolio Analytics Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews:
    1st round: Two webcam based 30 minute long interviews with two different interviewers.
    At that stage, both interviewers asked more or less the same questions. Their questions were mainly regarding my education, my previous work experience as well as my international exposure. The style of these 1st round interviews was rather casual.
    2nd round: Assessment center on location (London). Three separate 30 minute interviews and one 20 minute numerical aptitude test.
    Surprisingly, there were almost no repeat questions in these three separate 1:1 interviews, all of them were interesting.

Interview Questions

• All types of questions were featured: Questions about my CV, education and work experience, as well as some technical and behavioral questions. Most of them were fairly standard though.
      Some examples:
      Q: Why are you interested in finance? Tell me about a recent development in the financial world.
      Q: Tell me about a situation in which you had to work as part of a team. What role did you take in that instance?

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

On line cv and first round interview after two months. The hirevue thing is kind of difficult to get access to and you have to be on the phone while you are in video

Corporate- Audit- Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

After the online application and digital cover letter. There is the one hour video interview
    You will have 2 x 30 minutes interviews with members of the Audit team, via HireVue, our live video interviewing platform.
    I interviewed with a male and a female. Both of them are the VP of the department. The questions are all competency based. Use STAR format to prepare and you should be fine.
    Good luck on your interviews

Financial Market Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview including 2 questions. The first one is why you apply to BlackRock, basic one. About 90 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to answer.Second one I needed to answer in German Because I apply the job in Frankfurt. It was a bit difficult but not quite technical

Interview Questions

• Explain how you chose your academic area of study and how you will use it in your career.
      (Please answer it in the local language of the office, e.g, German)
      1 Answer

Client Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Attach CV on application form
    Virtual Cover Letter - 2 questions, few minutes to answer
    First Round Interview - 2 x 45 mins interviews over video call, each with a different employee working within the particular service line, a mix of competency and technical questions, my interviews only lasted around 20 mins each so you just wait round until the next interviewer is ready
    Next stage if successful would be assessment centre which are held around a week later

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock?
      Why this division?
      How would you advise our clients in Europe and US in the current climate?
      When have you shown leadership skills?

Business Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Virtual Cover letter included only 2 questions. Very easy but make sure you prepare to speak quickly as you only get 1.5 minutes and they go quicker than you imagine.

Interview Questions

• Why Blackrock?
      How will the degree help you in your future career?