BlackRock Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

134 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Basic CV + Cover Letter. Then Coding test and video interview. Do a lot of background research about the company. Good to know one or two things about finance.

Fixed-Income Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

After I completed the application they asked me to do the recorded video interview straight after I uploaded my documents. This kind of interview is very difficult because you are not used to answer questions to yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why did I decide to apply to this company and to this specific role   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through their career website for the summer analyst position in Financial Markets Advisory. I had to complete an virtual cover letter. I had two questions and for each one they gave me 5mins to prepare the answer.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience and background contribute to the position ?
      Why BlackRock?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Standard interview, nothing fancy. HR department though has been absolutely horrendous supporting this and providing information regarding the interview. They did not replied back not once after me sending them 4 e-mails requesting feedback.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Video Cover letter followed by two Skype interviews. The final step consisted of an Assessment Center in their London office. All of the interviewers were very kind and made me feel at ease.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Standard interview, no stand out technical questions.
    Team came across very nice and wanted to know my approach to specific situations and whether the role would be a fit. Met with 6 people across the business and HR in total.

Interview Questions

• What legislation is going to immediately affect our business   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

There were three rounds interviews. The first two rounds were technical interviews and the last round was a motivational interview. I found the technical questions not hard. They were basic Java OOP concepts and some simple SQL knowledge.

Business Development Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

3 round of interviews. Qualitative oriented. Mainly asking about previous experiences and how thwy would be relevant for the job. Spoke to around 12 persons with different levels of seniority and across different geographies.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Was fast tracked to the assessment centre after not getting the role that I originally applied for. It consisted of 2 back to back 30 minute interviews each with two interviewers.
    The interviews were relaxed with motivational and competency based questions. There was also a technical "pop quiz" at the end of one of them which weren't too difficult, I did get a couple out of 6 questions wrong though.

Interview Questions

• CV specific questions, what is going on in the markets that blackrock should be aware of? What is the current BoE base rate? What is the ftse100 trading at? Name two other indexes. What is a basis point? Difference between fund and etf? What is a db and dc pension fund?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Three interviews. The first was general around why I wanted the role, what motivated me to apply. The second was technical i.e. skills that I would bring to the role. The third was more industry based.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide three characteristics that you think will make you good at this role   Answer Question