BlackRock Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

121 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Application, video, then interview. Interview consisted of 2x 30minute interview with members of department applied to. Very difficult with constant interrogation of what you say.
    Good learning curve and would definately apply again. Very friendly nevertheless

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very long and difficult interview process. I had about 4-5 rounds of interviews with different employers. Very technical and very mathematically focussed. Last round with the head of the division and he asked technical questions about Ito's lemma and Girsanov's theorem. All in all super tough throughout the process, but I guess that is what to expect from a Big Name like BlackRock.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very long and demanding interview process. Lasted more than 4 months due to a very extensie and detailed recruitment. Throughout the whole process employees were extremaly helpful and nice. Firstly there were couple of online tests testing financial reasoning, logical reasoning etc. Then there were 2 video interviews where questions were displayed and you had 30 sec to prepare an answer. After those, there were two phone interviews, one competency based about your teamwork skills and problem-solving. The other one was more technical about your market choices, investment choices, recent things in news, and what is your opinion on them.Then there was an assessment centre that consisted again of 3 interviews both technical and comeptency based and one last interview with problem solving. the first three interviews were about your past, experiences and what would you contribute to the Blackrock. The last one was quite difficult since you has 15 mins for 5 questions not given to you but read by the instructor and you had to figure out the numbers. Overall the atmosphere was great!

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about Blackrock? Did you apply somewhere else? What would you bring to your chosen division? How would you construct portfolio to hedge against risk? What is diversification? What would you invest in? Are you prepared to learn Alladin?   1 Answer

Analytics & Risk Portfolio Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online in October of 2015 and 2 months later received an invite to a recorded interview with HireVue. It was very straight forward and only asked 4 questions which where basically personality questions. I had 30 seconds to prepare and a minute to speak. Following that, 3 months later I received an invite to a 1st interview online which was Live Interview whereby I had two 30 minute interviews. The first surrounded competency & financial questions with a young lady who was kind and the second interview was full blown interrogation. It was horrible, the man who interviewed me seemed to have no interest in anything I had to say. He started off stating "we will run through your CV" and completely went off to questions surrounding the financial markets that I didn't revise for. It was complete interrogation and It was disrespectful the lack of interest he had in my responses. To be honest now, I'm not bothered whether I get the interview or not. It would not bother me if I get rejected and would rather be a relief to not have to go through another interview with them again. I have yet to hear back.

Interview Questions

• How is the current financial climate?
      Explain to me what's going on with china at the moment?
      How would you describe a bond?
      How do you keep up to date with the financial markets?
      Describe to me a time you where innovative?
      Why Blackrock?
      Why this role?
      What is your weakness?
      Describe to me a time you where challenged?
      What interests you about BlackRock?   Answer Question

Vice President (Contract Role) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for a contract role and had 2 interviews, the first one with my direct line manager (MD) and another senior lawyer and the second one with 2 other lawyers that were in the same team. During the first one we went through my CV and past experiences, still with very technical questions. It lasted one hour or a bit more. I left the interview feeling very pleased about it, as I felt had a chance to show them all the good and interesting work I had done in the past, and they seemed extremely interested in it. The second interview was competency based questions, and it was very hard!! It must have consisted in at least 13/14 questions, half of which was purely technical questions related to investment funds and the other half it was more on my working method, i.e. how do I chose priorities, how do I escalate, how do I keep track of deadlines etc. In both interviews people were very pleasant. Since the interview happened more than a year ago I cannot remember all questions, as I did not note them down.

Interview Questions

• 5/10/40 rule   1 Answer
    • latest ESMA guidelines   1 Answer
    • what would you do in case you give advice to the business and they do not follow it?   1 Answer
    • you have a massive workload, how do you keep track of deadlines?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online but also had a friend who pushed it up. I went through a phone interview with two people. Very basic behavioral questions and A LOT of questions about the company.

Then I was called for an office visit and flew from USA to London. There I had 4 interviews with very technical questions as well as behavioral and detailed division questions. My last "interview" consisted of solving 4 finance problems on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is the most efficient way to board a plane?

How would you explain a database to a 7 years old?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Highly selective. On the assessment day there were 10 candidates competing for one position. One interviewer was friendly, another very harsh and strict.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

Excellent and very, very thorough. Done face to face and via vc

Negotiation

Don't just accept first offer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Standard telephone interview were i was asked about my motivation for the FIG Business Manager Associate role and generally about my background.
    The interview was a week later with the global head of the Financial institutions Group, who asked very unusual questions about my background. All questions were fairly intrusive and related to my personal life, and intimate parts of my personal relationship with my family and parents. It's not possible to prepare for this interview since there was not a single competency or knowledge based interview.
    I never received any feedback from the interview from HR, neither in form of a phone call, personal email or even automated email. I tired contacting them myself but was unsuccessful.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Went through a process of 10 interviews including hr. Covered technical, business, culture fit. Interviews were tough but fair and commensurate for the position. In terms of location, 3 interviews were at the location of the firm while the rest were all over the phone. This is most likely because the hiring manager was outside the country. I got the job so no complaints.