BlackRock Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.2

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very great people who interviewed me for the role. All of them have been gone and the interviewer this time is really tough. Also lots of agencies are complaining about it. And very robust.

Equities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

So you start off with a online application which includes a CV and cover letter. They got back to me in 3 weeks and told me I had a video interview. It took them 4 weeks to reply back after the video interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial round of interviews were not really interviews at all, more just sanity checks to make sure you weren't insane. After that, 4 or 5 interviews on competency (what projects I've worked on, when have I been challenged - the classics) and a little bit on technical ability. Very simple really. Had to also take a Java test, but that was pretty useless as it was for incredibly specific knowledge - I have a feeling it was an excerpt from the SCJP Java 5 exam.

The final analysts coming out of the process had a very wide range of abilities, so all can apply really!

Interview Questions

• How would you decide whether a given number is prime or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase as it was an entry level position.

RQA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online testing then assessment centre style day with two interviews in the morning followed by a group exercise in the afternoon.
    The two interviews were based on the same script so ended up answering the same questions in both interviews.

Interview Questions

• What makes BlackRock different from everywhere else?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was researching for summer marketing internship and I applied online. They send me an email a month later for a 5-minutes video interview, have not heard about from them yet.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

2h30 online techinal test that consisted of write a portfolio model in java. There were seven questions and each question was about adding a new functionality to the portfolio.
    2 face to face interviews
    2 phone interviews
    They are very worried about the integration in the team. The personnality is a huge factor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked what I wanted and got the expected. The recruiter recommanded to ask the amount even if I was above the range.

Summer Analyst - Portfolio Analytics Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was asked to complete a video interview through Hirevue, which consisted of 2 easy questions. I had 90 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to answer each question. The first question was about why I chose the particular division and why Blackrock. The second asked what I degree I study at university, why, and how it can help me in the programme.

Business Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Virtual Cover letter included only 2 questions. Very easy but make sure you prepare to speak quickly as you only get 1.5 minutes and they go quicker than you imagine.

Interview Questions

• Why Blackrock?
      How will the degree help you in your future career?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2010.

Interview

Organised and structured. Provided a very clear idea of BlackRock and the goals of the team I was joining.

Negotiation

Yes. I spoke to HR

Spring Week Analyst PAG Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Sent a copy of CV with a cover letter. Invited to a telephone interview. No hard questions, was asked to talk through CV so would be useful to have that in front of you. Interviewer had a relaxed style and didn't do any brain teasers or mathematical questions.