BlackRock Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Standard interview, nothing fancy. HR department though has been absolutely horrendous supporting this and providing information regarding the interview. They did not replied back not once after me sending them 4 e-mails requesting feedback.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Initial Interview via HireVue. If you've done your research you should be fine - two interviewers per candidate. Interview was in London for a position in London - friendly interviewers.

Business Development Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

3 round of interviews. Qualitative oriented. Mainly asking about previous experiences and how thwy would be relevant for the job. Spoke to around 12 persons with different levels of seniority and across different geographies.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Three interviews. The first was general around why I wanted the role, what motivated me to apply. The second was technical i.e. skills that I would bring to the role. The third was more industry based.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide three characteristics that you think will make you good at this role   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Video Cover letter followed by two Skype interviews. The final step consisted of an Assessment Center in their London office. All of the interviewers were very kind and made me feel at ease.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Standard interview, no stand out technical questions.
    Team came across very nice and wanted to know my approach to specific situations and whether the role would be a fit. Met with 6 people across the business and HR in total.

Interview Questions

• What legislation is going to immediately affect our business   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

There were three rounds interviews. The first two rounds were technical interviews and the last round was a motivational interview. I found the technical questions not hard. They were basic Java OOP concepts and some simple SQL knowledge.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Video interview with the company involving introduction to yourself, based on format online and description of the interviewing process. The interview questions were consisting of three, and took a total of 5 minutes.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Was fast tracked to the assessment centre after not getting the role that I originally applied for. It consisted of 2 back to back 30 minute interviews each with two interviewers.
    The interviews were relaxed with motivational and competency based questions. There was also a technical "pop quiz" at the end of one of them which weren't too difficult, I did get a couple out of 6 questions wrong though.

Interview Questions

• CV specific questions, what is going on in the markets that blackrock should be aware of? What is the current BoE base rate? What is the ftse100 trading at? Name two other indexes. What is a basis point? Difference between fund and etf? What is a db and dc pension fund?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Standard telephone interview were i was asked about my motivation for the FIG Business Manager Associate role and generally about my background.
    The interview was a week later with the global head of the Financial institutions Group, who asked very unusual questions about my background. All questions were fairly intrusive and related to my personal life, and intimate parts of my personal relationship with my family and parents. It's not possible to prepare for this interview since there was not a single competency or knowledge based interview.
    I never received any feedback from the interview from HR, neither in form of a phone call, personal email or even automated email. I tired contacting them myself but was unsuccessful.