BlackRock Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.2

Corporate- Audit- Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

After the online application and digital cover letter. There is the one hour video interview
    You will have 2 x 30 minutes interviews with members of the Audit team, via HireVue, our live video interviewing platform.
    I interviewed with a male and a female. Both of them are the VP of the department. The questions are all competency based. Use STAR format to prepare and you should be fine.
    Good luck on your interviews

Summer Analyst - Alternatives Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a 5min virtual interview as the first stage after my online application submission. This had two questions about the company. Then, getting through to the next stage I had two 30min live video interviews with two alternative investment analysts at Blackrock. Very friendly people and do make you feel comfortable and very supportive with guiding me to answer my questions (maybe because I'm not from a financial background).

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      Why apply for Alternatives?
      What would you do with $100m?
      What is correlation?
      Give me a time you have conducted research?
      Do you think the environment has an effect on the asset management industry?

Financial Market Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview including 2 questions. The first one is why you apply to BlackRock, basic one. About 90 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to answer.Second one I needed to answer in German Because I apply the job in Frankfurt. It was a bit difficult but not quite technical

Interview Questions

• Explain how you chose your academic area of study and how you will use it in your career.
      (Please answer it in the local language of the office, e.g, German)
      1 Answer

Analyst - Portfolio Analytics Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I went to two Blackrock networking events before applying online. If you pass the online application, you'll be invited to do virtual cover letter. One month later, I heard back and was invited to do first round interview via Hirevue.

Client Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Attach CV on application form
    Virtual Cover Letter - 2 questions, few minutes to answer
    First Round Interview - 2 x 45 mins interviews over video call, each with a different employee working within the particular service line, a mix of competency and technical questions, my interviews only lasted around 20 mins each so you just wait round until the next interviewer is ready
    Next stage if successful would be assessment centre which are held around a week later

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock?
      Why this division?
      How would you advise our clients in Europe and US in the current climate?
      When have you shown leadership skills?

Business Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Virtual Cover letter included only 2 questions. Very easy but make sure you prepare to speak quickly as you only get 1.5 minutes and they go quicker than you imagine.

Interview Questions

• Why Blackrock?
      How will the degree help you in your future career?

Graduate Analyst Financial Markets Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, which included a CV and a virtual cover letter. The online process ran smoothly and is requires less effort than many other similar firms. The virtual cover letter takes 5 minutes and consists of two basic competency questions. I made it through to the first round interview, which consisted of two 30 minutes back to back video interviews. First one was motivational and competency based and second one was tech/brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum capacity for the London tube on one day?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the usual process, and was then invited to complete a virtual cover letter, where I had to answer two questions with 1 minute and 30 seconds to answer each, with one minute of preparation time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose BlackRock and why this department?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst - Portfolio Analytics Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was asked to complete a video interview through Hirevue, which consisted of 2 easy questions. I had 90 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to answer each question. The first question was about why I chose the particular division and why Blackrock. The second asked what I degree I study at university, why, and how it can help me in the programme.

Equities Gradate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, only required a CV which then immediately led you on to a screen asking to complete a virtual cover letter. There were 3 days to complete this but it seems that you are able to do it anytime within a week. Taken to hirevue where they asked 2 questions