BlackRock Interview Questions in New York State | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

1) HacherRank Challenge
    - 3 questions based on array, map, binary tree
    2) Onsite Interview - 6 rounds
    1) Coding + design
    2) Java concepts + 2 coding questions
    3) Java concepts + 3 coding questions
    4) Resume based + 2 design questions
    5) Java collections + database design, query
    6) Java multi threading question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Chaotic! HR does not know what they are doing and are disorganized. Full of miscommunication and last minute cancellations & rescheduling. They even kept wavering with the interview decision communications. Very unprofessional on the scheduling and logistics part. Interviews are normal. Mostly leetcode medium and easy difficulty questions and some OOPS trivia questions.

Blackrock Data Services Interview

Application

Interview

Sent in online application, they got back to me after a month. Online coding assessment. After a few weeks, flew me to New York for a final round. Interview a combination of behavioral and technical stuff. Asked a lot "why blackrock?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took 2+ months. Initially contacted by the recruiter with HackerRank Challenge, a phone interview week after that and 4 Technical onsite interviews. Took 4+ weeks to respond with final decision.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank Coding Challenge
          - 2 simple JavaScript
          - 5 Sql
          - 1 Java
          - Submit link of project or GitHub

Phone Interview
          - Introduction
          - Resume, projects, courses
          - Be a student of the market – pay close attention to the financial markets and how different events affect the industry.

Onsite Inteview
          - About resume and other behavioural
          - Swap integers without extra space
          - Merge 2 sorted arrays
          - Hashmap
          - Reverse a string
      Elevator design
      Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First a hackerrank challenge
    Then came super day at blackrock office in New York.
    4 interviewers
    The process was very smooth. You get your result after a short presentation

The interviewers were very supportive and helped whenever I was stuck.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

i applied directly through their website for summer internship role of software engineer and first round is a online coding assessment of 7 questions (6 coding and 1 video question) and not heard back yet

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online a two weeks ago, was asked to do the online interview/ cover letter before my application would be submitted. You are given about 3 days to complete the online cover letter which gets sent to you immediately after submitting your application. Haven't heard anything back yet. Will keep updating if I get to the next step.
    I was asked two question. Listed below.

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying online, they will send you an email with a online interview website to conduct a virtual cover-letter interview, there would be two questions in total.Then they will contact you about the next step. Questions are similar as what mentioned in Glassdoor

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and received first round interview with the team. I am supposed to interview with two team members at different times. The first one was 40 minutes late but the interview was very smooth and easy. There were some standard behavior questions with a brain teaser. The other one skipped the first scheduled time and asked me provide other available times. The same thing happened four times. He or she skipped every scheduled interview, then emailed me and set up a new one for all four times. I am not sure why this happened but I am deeply disappointed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Nicely designed, 4 back-to-back interviews, mixed behavior and technical questions. You should prepare a lot for Java concept questions such as the difference between Concurrent HashMap and synchronized HashMap and perhaps low-level knowledge.
    Asked about your background related to finance, why BlackRock? What do you want to get from BlackRock? Things like these.