BlackRock Interview Questions in New York State | Glassdoor

3.1

287 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

I started by applying online for the global analyst program. Almost immediately I was extended a hirevue invitation. I was given two questions with 5 minutes to prepare for each. My questions were: why BlackRock? and what makes BlackRock different from other firms. Make sure to do your research on the company before accepting the hirevue!

I was then emailed several weeks later notifying me that I had gotten a skype interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes with an analyst working in Relationship Management. MANY behavioral questions. Know your resume for this part and have many examples /different scenarios on hand where you worked in a team or experienced difficulties. A few questions that I was asked was: how do you keep up with the markets? why relationship management? what drives you? how do you incorporate technology in your life?

Within a week I was notified that I had gotten a superday. It consisted of 4 interviews with 2 of them being with directors (15+ years at BlackRock) and the other two being group interviews with two interviewers each of varying levels at the company (analysts and VPs). PREPARE!! make sure you know all about BlackRock and their values, products, and what they do. Know your resume. & absolutely have something to talk about when they ask "whats going on in the markets?" or "tell me about and article you read/an opinion you have about something thats happening in the markets." I got asked some version of that question in 3 out of 4 interviews. Also, they always ask you what you do for fun (got asked that in all interviews).

Finally, the madness continued when I got told 2 weeks later that I had ANOTHER superday with a specific team within ICB called institutional product group. Since it was a "direct hire" to the team, I was the only person at this superday and had 3 more interviews. Some questions were: describe a very difficult concept to me like I am a kindergartener. Who are you in a nut shell? What was the worst team experience you ever had?

I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• how do you keep up with the markets?
      describe a very difficult concept to me like I am a kindergartener
      tell me about and article you read/an opinion you have about something thats happening in the markets   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

There's a hireview video cover letter, then a 1st round interview done via skype, and then they invite you to a 2nd round (super day) in person. I was called by the recruiter with my offer a few days after my superday.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

The first round of interviews is conducted online. Thereafter, the final round is a day spent in multiple 30-minute interviews. Questions focused more on character-fit than technical responses. It is definitely advantageous to research the area you are interviewing for intimately..

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you showed resilience/endurance?   1 Answer

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and recorded a HireVue. 2 weeks later I was notified to have an online interview. Just finished the first round and I am still waiting for response. Just prepare some typical questions in advance and be ready to talk about your resume.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

online OA first, then onsite interview. online OA can only use JAVA to write, and have a short video for the last part. When use JAVA, pay attention to the input and output format, which is quite strange lol.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a friend referred me, received the Coding Assessment one day later. They were easy but a bit annoying, mostly involving string manipulations and the familiarity with Java. A small video recording in the end, stating why BlackRock and where do you see yourself in BlackRock.
    Then I waited for 3 weeks (some other candidates waited only a few days so I guess it depends) until I was contacted by email regarding the final round interview. It was a super day, from 9am-12pm, but with the nerve, excitement and everything I felt it passed pretty fast.
    There are 4 rounds of interview which each round has 45 mins. Be ready to introduce yourself in the beginning of every round.
    The first two rounds were really easy tech interviews, they asked a brain teaser which I didn't expect it. I hope they can update their question pool so that the process would be more selective. I believe almost everyone perform well in the first two rounds.
    The last two rounds were pure behavioral, which was totally out of my expectation. They came up with difference scenarios about how to communicate with your boss, clients or colleagues. The last interviewer was apparently not professional, he had 2 pieces of paper full of questions and straightly read from there, that made me a little awkward and lost some connection with my interviewer. But they want to see your engineering passion and the capability of learning, so do research and prepare to talk a lot.
    Overall I had a great experience, all interviewers were really friendly and helpful. The HR called me 2 days later to inform my offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview. The interviewer was very patient. There were several basic questions regarding programming and statistics. I had little knowledge on statistcs and messed up a few questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First you need todo four programming questions, these questions are basic programming questions, which are just little related to do some algorithms. After the programming they will record one minute video.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in Blackrock and why are you qualified for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round video interview. Still waiting to hear back about the rest of the process, but it was pretty straightforward. Easy, personality type questions and other questions mostly based on resume.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Worst hiring process ever! Worst recruiter you can ever find! The recruiter called me onsite, I took a flight reached onsite and they told me that they are cancelling the interview. The reason the recruiter gave me was that he forgot about the interview.