BlackRock Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

They surprised me with a 3 on 1 interview. One VP and two associates interviewed me at the same time. It was fairly conversational and the questions were basic. What do you know about this role, what do you want to do for career, how is your excel, how is your time management skill

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through the university, and they made me answer questions via email. After that, they set up a phone interview for the position. It was not too difficult, mostly behavioral questions. Then they brought me into their new york office for an interview. It was fairly difficult, and more technical than the other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a working knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments as well as finance with the skills and ability to work in an entrepreneurial and team oriented environment? If so, please describe.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2013.

Interview

phone interview - was there one day in person - recieved an offer the next day. Went in to interview for 2 positions in total and it tool close to 3 hours. The process was well organized. Other than that it was a very standard interview. There were no technical questions. .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what you know about the company, be able to talk through your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation allowed

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in August 2013.

Interview

Shortly after I applied, I was contacted by a person in HR. I was then given a phone interview with 2 members of the team. After the phone interview, they invited me in for an in-person. I then met with 4 members of the team: 2 associates, a VP, and a director. The questions were your standard, "Tell us about a time you overcame a problem." "What do you feel most proud of accomplishing in your life and why?" Open-ended, tell us about yourself questions. No surprises and the team kept it pretty conversational.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in March 2013.

Interview

My first interview was a phone interview, very straightforward about my resume. My second interview consisted in 7 1:1 interviews of 30 mins each with 7 different departments. It felt long because I did not have a break. They started by giving an overview of their department and then they asked me about my resume. They also asked me questions like what was the most difficult obstacle you overcome and where do you see yourself in 5 years. After that interview, I was asked to go back to interview with two of the departments. The format was basically the same except they asked me specific questions about Excel.

Interview Questions

• There is a swimming pool that doubles its capacity everyday. If you now that it would be would in day 60, in what day would it be half of its capacity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in January 2013.

Interview

pretty straight forward interview process, applied to a different position and was shifted into this one. I met with members of the team, one being an analyst, one a manager, and two directors (one from my team and another from a partnering team). I was questioned on my resume and experience with a few brain teasers mixed in. The interview went well and I was told I have moved on to the next step. This is the kind of strange part..my final interview was with the Managing Director of that section of business and instead of in person it was over the phone. It seemed more of a casual conversation aka they wanted to make sure they at least got to speak with me and was part of the process of hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations