BlackRock PAG Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.9

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Spoke to recruiter at college networking event. First step after applying was completing an online video cover letter. Next, an associate reached out for a skype interview. A week later, I was invited to the superday in NY at their expense. Poor communication with HR throughout, but really nice people.

Interview Questions

• What is the most significant technological advancement in the last 5 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First of all I am coming from Statistics/CS field and, thus, my opinion may be biased.

Applied online through Piazza and got invitation to record a 5 minute video in a week or so. The video part included 3 behavioral questions; I dont remember exactly, but smth very basic like why BlackRock and why this team. After a couple days I got an invitation for a phone screening that lasted less than an hour. Also behavioral only questions, was asked about my projects, research, internships, interest in finance and technology, etc. After several days got invitation for an onsite in NY, which is 4 rounds, 30 mins each. Again, surprisingly no real technical questions. The most technical questions I got were smth like "what programming languages do you know", "what packages in R do you use", "discuss some latest financial news you read". In other words, if you know well what you did in the past and can prove your interest in BlackRock, finance and technology, you should be good to go. Maybe I am looking to much from perspective of software engineering interviews, but I was expecting much more technical in-depth questions related to finance or analytics area, but maybe other candidates had different sort of questions.

Overall, the whole interview process took less than 2 weeks and went pretty smoothly and well organized, Interviewers were friendly and helpful. For future candidates I would suggest not to overthink the interview process, just know well your projects, be honest and know why you are doing what you are doing.

PAG Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Final Round: went to SF office. pretty chill. everyone was nice. mostly behavioral questions. 4 interviewers in 2 hours. really liked the team. and market questions too. very typical, but different from IB questions. make sure you know asset management company business. Blackrock's position in the industry is important.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me about yourself / What did you do in the past internships? / what computer language did you use and how much do you know?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through on campus recruiting. There was an initial 30-minute conversation with a member of the team, on campus. I didn't receive a response from them until several weeks later, when I was called up for a superday. Spoke with 4 additional members of the team on-site, for 30 minutes each. Mostly friendly people, but the role seemed to consist of mostly support/operational work. The office in San Francisco is very nice.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO of BlackRock, who was our first acquisition, what is the copy-paste UNIX command, why BlackRock, why PAG, tell me about your past experiences, what's going on in the market. Nothing technical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I first dropped my resume my school's career website. I have also applied on the firm's online portal. The first round interview is hosted on campus, with 1:1 session that lasted 45min. After you the on campus round, you will be invited for the on-site super day. The interview was either on morning or during the afternoon, where 4 people from the team (first year, associate, VP, and director) will be interviewing for 50min each.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: "teach me something that I don't know"   Answer Question
    • Technical: Excel related question, SQL/Database related question, Statistics/Risk related questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

All the questions were behavioral and not quantitative. The second round was meeting 5 people at their office, some about the market and some about experience.

PAG Analyst Interview

Interview

First round not very technical, but the final round was pretty intense.

Interview Questions

• what is the duration of a bond   1 Answer

PAG Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I was only invited to the first round on-campus interview. Most of the questions were behavioral. But he did ask me to solve an operation research problem. And he also ask me to talk about something I read in the news.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

pitched in resume both online and on the school website. personally handed in during on-campus information session. Was selected for first round interview on campus. Most behavioral questions and one technical question about the current policy and its influence on the money market: what's the interest rate of short term bonds right now and how it would influence the market share of some investment companies, like BR, so on so on ........

Interview Questions

• technical question about the current policy and its influence on the money market: what's the interest rate of short term bonds right now and how it would influence the market share of some investment companies, like BR, so on so on ........   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

In 2013 I applied through my university website then I interviewed on campus for one round. After that I was invited to New York for a super day consisting of about 4 one-on-one interviews. Today, they have a narrowed the range of target schools. Most applicants will have to go through an online video question session before being able to interview with a person.