BlackRock Portfolio Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Portfolio Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website, and then received the email to do an recorded interview for 5 mins of three behavioural questions. Then got the internet face to face interview, followed with a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• they asked about why blackrock, why this position, what you think of if you pursuing next job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I received an interview through campus recruiting. I did the first round of interviews at school, and then was brought into the offices in New York for the second round. Each of the interviews was 1 on 1, and the super day had 4 separate interviews. The process wasn't super transparent, specifically about which group you were interviewing for, as I met people from both portfolio management, product strategy and research, all of which perform remarkably different functions.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be playing for the New York Yankees on the bench or a star on the Tampa Bay Rays?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

They asked basic qestions about why intereted in finance and PM. I focused heavy on how it is a mix between finance and using people skills and I thought the interview went well. However, I got denied.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?   1 Answer
    • What is the S & P at today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of the hiring manager describing the position and asking general questions. The questions were origanizational "fit" type questions. He asked question concerning my database and analytical competence. Afterward, various members of the Portfolio group asked more specific general finance questions concerning stocks, bonds, and options. These questions were followed by some simple finance questions that required some minor computations. Finally, I was asked questions to see how I would react to complaints for protfolio managers. The interview process lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to expain duration and its effect on bons and bond valuations.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to describe a derivative.   1 Answer

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Two interviews over HireVue platform with current employees of the company. After those, they flew me to the London HQ for three more interviews with senior staff and a problem solving test.
    Except for one particular interviewer, everyone was very friendly and the interviews were enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to stay up to date with the financial markets?
      What do you know about BlackRock?
      Walk me through your CV.   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Video interview with the company involving introduction to yourself, based on format online and description of the interviewing process. The interview questions were consisting of three, and took a total of 5 minutes.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a first round, which consisted in a pre-recorded interview (5 mins for the entire interview). The questions were almost all motivational (why did you choose BlackRocka and why Portfolio Analysis Division?)

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Interview

Two round interviews. First round is two 30-min interviews. Second one is assessment center which is three 30-min interviews with senior people. I was only given these information before each interview.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. The first round was just a casual conversation with the interviewer trying to know the academic background and your interest in the company. The next round is at the company headquarters where the questions are more intense relating to the finance background.

Interview Questions

• If i gave you $10,000 to invest somewhere where would it be? Why?   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in May 2010.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward, the HR team was supportive throughout the whole process and ensured all things were done quickly. The interview process was very tough yet there was a lot of scope for debate.