BlackRock Portfolio Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Portfolio Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website, and then received the email to do an recorded interview for 5 mins of three behavioural questions. Then got the internet face to face interview, followed with a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• they asked about why blackrock, why this position, what you think of if you pursuing next job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I received an interview through campus recruiting. I did the first round of interviews at school, and then was brought into the offices in New York for the second round. Each of the interviews was 1 on 1, and the super day had 4 separate interviews. The process wasn't super transparent, specifically about which group you were interviewing for, as I met people from both portfolio management, product strategy and research, all of which perform remarkably different functions.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be playing for the New York Yankees on the bench or a star on the Tampa Bay Rays?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of the hiring manager describing the position and asking general questions. The questions were origanizational "fit" type questions. He asked question concerning my database and analytical competence. Afterward, various members of the Portfolio group asked more specific general finance questions concerning stocks, bonds, and options. These questions were followed by some simple finance questions that required some minor computations. Finally, I was asked questions to see how I would react to complaints for protfolio managers. The interview process lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to expain duration and its effect on bons and bond valuations.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to describe a derivative.   1 Answer

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Interview

Two round interviews. First round is two 30-min interviews. Second one is assessment center which is three 30-min interviews with senior people. I was only given these information before each interview.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. The first round was just a casual conversation with the interviewer trying to know the academic background and your interest in the company. The next round is at the company headquarters where the questions are more intense relating to the finance background.

Interview Questions

• If i gave you $10,000 to invest somewhere where would it be? Why?   Answer Question