BlackRock Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2016

3.3

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patiala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Patiala (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

In total there were three rounds, First was consisting three sections( Software engineering aptitude, SQL, Coding). Don't worry there is no negative marking though the question were of very high level. Second Round was Technical, People were nice and cool. They Asked me only data Structures, and 4-5 programs. There were 3 puzzles also. Make Sure you have a good knowledge about java and sql too(though i was not lucky enough to get any question from them) .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Telephonic Round -
       a. What sort of projects I had worked on? My roles and responsibilities in those projects. Interviewer probed in detail on what I had done in my very first project.
       b. Basic Java.
       c. One question on how I would implement my own hashcode() method. The question made no sense and I politely declined.
       d. Patterns
       e. Basic Spring.

Written test -
    1. Draw a pattern of stars.
    2. Some SQL writing that needed some basic joins
    3. One more easy Java program, I can't recollect.

F2F Technical -
    All basic Java, Spring, etc. Detailed probing on my current project.

Another F2F technical (interviewer in NYC)- This round covered basic Java, and other technical bits from my resume. All very easy.

Written test -
    Design a program to select employees from a database based on various attributes. Enable some caching mechanism.

F2F techincal with a panel - Same as above.

Managerial - Whats my current project about? Roles and responsiblites, etc.

HR discussion - Was briefed on how their compensation is structured. Was asked - why am I eager to join BlackRock?

Was offered more than what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• Why am I eager to join BlackRock?   1 Answer

Their Gurgaon office works in the 11-8 shift, so that the folks in US can come and work in their normal shifts and there can be some overlap. (Don't the guys working in their Gurgaon office feel like second class citizens within their organization?).

I would have had no personal life if I would have worked in that shift. I politely declined.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in June 2012.

Interview

Four phone interview screening.
    Talk about your background and working experiences before.
    Then skill tests about regression analysis.
    Case studies with two senior statistician

Interview Questions

• The manager give you a credit loan portfolio and 500 variables, how could you decide whether credit loan is good or bad?   Answer Question
    • You have run the simple regression on one variable, and it is not significant. But you run a multiple regression, and find it is significant with other candidate variables. How do you explain this? How would choose it?   Answer Question