BlackRock Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Project Manager Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

I was put forward by recruiter for an IT Project Manager role at Blackrock's London office. The first interview with the hiring manager went well, and she said I was exactly the type of person they were looking for.

I was then called for a second interview with the manager of the hiring manager. This person re-scheduled the interview twice at short notice, on one occasion I was almost outside the Blackrock office!

When the second interview finally took place, the interviewer said she didn't know anything about the role and just wanted to have a chat with me about career aspirations and other general questions.

It was difficult to guage how the interview went, but a day later the recruiter phoned to let me know that they weren't going to hire me as I didn't have "publishing" experience. The word "publishing" didn't appear once on the job description and isn't included on my CV either, and the recruiter said they didn't hire anyone for the role.

It was very disappointing that Blackrock wasted so much of my time and then rejected me for not posessing a skill which they never asked for, and I never claimed to have. The recruiter was unable to explain why this happened, but since then, other recruiters have said that Blackrock London is very difficult to place candiates as they are quite fussy and often reject candidates without explanation.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your mother to describe you, what would she say?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock in May 2011.

Interview

The interview was standard. I met with 3 people individually in back to back slots. They were easy to talk to and all had different approaches, which I expected. However, once complete I did not hear back from them for a very long time (5-6 weeks?) and when I did, I received an auto-generated e-mail which told me nothing. When I followed up with HR, they provided more information, but I felt I should have gotten a call after going that far in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a person disagreed with everything you suggested?   1 Answer