BlackRock Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

3.2

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and set up an interview on their video conference chat. It was just me and the recruiter during the interview and he was very nice and friendly. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Sort a small vector of numbers in size order. Sort a matrix of numbers in size order. What is the expected value of a given function? How do we compute it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

video intervew, not expected the is very limited for each questions, and the allowing time for different questions are even different. also There is some confusion questions, not have clearly definition about the terms they referred to.

Interview Questions

• Why blackrock, why specific this position. what is your favorite course in college   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Got a call from someone at Blackrock. Had an initial informal interview followed by 2 interviews with n overseas Office. After clearing these rounds was invited to their office to attend a couple of interviews

Interview Questions

• Q: If you know you are about to enter recession, what would you invest in Equity or Fixed Income?   1 Answer
    • Q: How would you build a Fixed Income Strategy from scratch   Answer Question
    • Q : What is t-stat? p-value? OLS assumptions?   Answer Question
    • Q: Check if a number is prime or not; algorithm to calculate the maximum draw-down given a return series   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I am not sure about what he is saying. May be because my english is very poor, may be because I don't have related work experience. But this man is very professiona. And it is nice experience about this interview.Blackrock is a very big company, so please prepare well before interview.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in March 2015.

Interview

I was told the do on on-line virtual interview, recording my answers. This is the stupidest interview I ever experienced. It's just like wasting my time to talk to the machine.

Bad company culture

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

The HR is really helpful. The questions are challenging but not too difficult

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

First step: telephone interview with hiring manager over the phone
    Second step: several 1 to 1 short interviews at the office with members of the team and hiring manager
    Third step: telephone interview with another manager
    Fourth step: offer by HR
    Fifth step: negotiation for a more senior title
    Sixth step: offer acceptance

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not succeed in negotiating a more senior title.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

This was for the Summer 2016 Internship Programme in London. I had a pre-recorded video interview which consisted of 3 questions, each with 30 seconds given for preparation and 90 seconds to answer the question. It was important to have commercial awareness in the area, as they required you to be able to put your knowledge into context. I did the interview just over 1 week ago and have yet to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Something recent in the news, how could this affect the fund management industry? Why Blackrock and why this specific role? Talk about a recent time you overcame a challenge...   Answer Question