BlackRock Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus portal in the summer and was asked to complete virtual cover letters within 3 days. Around the beginning of November I was invited to do a 30-minute video interview with an employee. The day after that I was invited to superday, which was 2 days after receiving the invitation, and superday consisted of 4 30-minute interviews with team members. Heard back the day after superday.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions and questions about my resume, why blackrock, basic questions about position I applied for   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I attended the online interview. The difficulty of the coding test is moderate, and it is followed by a video behavior question. Now I am waiting for the onsite interview. The overall experience is good.

Interview Questions

• General behavior questions and OOP design questions.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Lateral hire. First round is on-site. After one week, got asked for another round of on-site. It is a very painful process to chase after the recruiter to schedule my 2nd round of onsite interview. He never replied to my email at all. Very disorganized and unstructured. And on the day of my 2nd round onsite, when I went to the office, no one knew I was scheduled an interview. The 2nd round was mostly behavioral questions and talked about my working experience. No news after one week and I followed up with the recruiter, but never got a reply from him.

Quantitative Investments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

For the internship I spent the entire day at the San Francisco office. I had 3 different positions that I was interviewing for and in between interviews I got to meet others who were also applying to different positions. After the first round of interviews I got a call back for 2 of the positions I interviewed for. The 2 follow up interviews were much longer but not very technical. I did receive a puzzle from one of the interviewers but besides that one puzzle all other questions were related to my previous experience and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• There are 25 horses and a track where you can race 5 of them at a time. What is the minimum number of races needed in order to find the top 3 horses?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Online interview. On-site interviews in SF 2 weeks later that included one round (mostly behavioral) on Thurs with 2 interviewers and got a call for the final round on Friday with 4 interviewers. I really liked the team and the innovation-oriented culture. Final round was definitely way more technical. Afterwards, I waited for a week before getting the offer through HR's phone call on the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• - Talk about investing, past summer internship experience, problems I solved
      - Technicals   Answer Question

Software Engineer Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The application interview was through HireVue. You were recorded during the whole process. First, there were 4 fairly complex programming questions that involved algorithms and reading from a file. Second, you were to record yourself answering a question "What qualities make you fit for this position?" or something along those lines.

I was offered an interview in person for October 12 so I will see how that goes.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position 2018 Summer Internship position in the Fixed Income team in New York. Immediately I was sent an email with a HireVue link that would have expired in three days. The link asked two questions. Waiting to hear back from them.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

First round- Phone screening(Verification of your resume and your current location)
    Second round - Online assessment test (Hackerrank) (Strong algorithms knowledge required)
    Third round - Phone interview(Technical and Behavioral) (Very friendly, patient interviewer. 30 minute interview extended to 50 minutes)
    Fourth round - Phone interview(Technical) (Entirely technical and very strict)

Interview Questions

• Difference between Union and Join? (Databases)   Answer Question
    • Given a sentence, "hello world hello again world", give me a logic which outputs the frequency of number of hello, world,again in the sentence   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

the worst interview experience ever. uncoordinated, random and weird. did i even apply for a software engineering role? was not even interested in answering the questions after the 2nd round. The job description is all nonsense.

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

At first, had a coding test through HireVue - 6 questions. The test builds on Portfolio management- Java OOP, lots of string parsing and financial math involved. The descriptions were good enough to understand the assignment, except for the last question, which was tricky.

Directly made it to onsite without a phone interview. Had 4 interviews- 2 technical, and 2 behavioral. The behavioral part was standard- talk about projects and other "tell me about a time.." questions. The first technical interview was based on OOP design and built further on the online coding test. The interviewer was pleasant and seemed satisfied with my solution. The second technical interview was weird. Went into details of Java HashMap, List interface, Abstract classes, Interface, Design patterns and asked an algorithmic question in the end. The 2nd technical interviewer was rude and said in my face "You don't seem to know Java at all" when I said that you need to redefine every single function in a Java interface, unlike abstract classes, which might have concrete methods. He was a very condescending Indian man. He also asked to code a singleton and gave me 5 minutes to code an algorithmic question, which I couldn't manage within the given time. To top that, the 4th interviewer came in 50 minutes late.

Overall, you can see a lot of people saying how the company is quite disrespectful towards candidates. They are right and I've experienced it first hand. Also, the recruiter never responded to my emails. Whenever the recruiter needed to talk, she'd call and not even acknowledge the emails that I sent. Would avoid at all costs, unless there was no other option.

Interview Questions

• Java HashMap, List interface and its implementations, Abstract classes, Interface, Design patterns and an algorithmic question in the end   Answer Question