BlackRock Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.1

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First you need todo four programming questions, these questions are basic programming questions, which are just little related to do some algorithms. After the programming they will record one minute video.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in Blackrock and why are you qualified for this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

People from BlackRock came to our school for a special recruiting event.
    We had three rounds of interviews on the same day.
    I was told that it would be more cultural and behavioral interview, but it was just the opposite.
    They just asked my background and moved on with technical questions right away.
    each interview lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are are the differences between AngularJS and React?   1 Answer
    • How would you design an application for a restaurant reservation system? (data structure, frontend..)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Abrupt, straight to the point, brief self intro then straight to technical questions, didnt even get to ask about the company. I was not warned about the experience I had so I was taken by surprise.

Interview Questions

• Given a large set of numbers and infinite storage space, whats the most efficient algorithm for managing these numbers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Did a coding challenge that included relatively lengthy 4 problems of moderate difficulty, then was invited for on site final round interviews. The interview team was laid-back and extremely welcoming. Will be waiting a week or so to hear back from the company on their decision.

Interview Questions

• Sort a stack using only one other stack and a single variable.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an online assessment. The online assessment consists of 4 programming questions on Strings and data structures. Approximately finish time for assessment is 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Portfolio Calculation. You need to define your own input/output.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Received the online assessment which contains 3 coding questions we need to program and design the class, function and api. After coding, there are a behavior video last for 2 mins. The OA is unlimited time and you can assess it again and again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Blackrock?   Answer Question
    • The maximum continuous subarray with in an array -> can be searched in Leetcode   Answer Question
    • Giving two portfolios combination of stocks, one for yourself and one for benchmark. They also provide the stocks market price individually. We have to maintain the equal vale of the our portfolios by selling or buying the our stocks. (Using programming ) This one is a little bit complex and hard to describe. The question description is not that clear. However, you will have test case and you can figure out at least your logic can pass the test case or not.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Start with a coding challenge with hacker rank. This is one of the hardest interviews I ever faced. Had three questions able to complete only one at the given time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

HR in the company works really slow and doesn't care about any future employee. (A big no if you have other offers)

Pretty Easy Hackerrank test. Level Easy
    Onsite rounds
    two rounds, during the first interview they asked pretty simple things initially. When I answered all the questions, it looked like they ran out of questions and started asking anything (which I didn't really understand, nor they were able to explain).

During the second interview, the interviewer was asking anything but regarding job-related questions. It seems interviewer didn't have enough technical knowledge on the questions that they were asking.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed at Blackrock in Nov 2016. The process is extremely badly designed, they think they are google and thus they take 6-8 interviews, 1st 4 are some junior analyst level interviewers who are just there to get interview experience and thus waste our time, then come the hiring managers who have no idea how to select candidates in their team and in the end they let most of the candidates go with little or no reason. I would reccomend if you have other offers, make sure Blackrock is the last one.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Met the recruiter on the university career fair and was asked to applied online.
    After that, I did one online program test(java) and some video recording interview.
    Then was called for superday. There are four rounds, meeting with HR and software engineers.