BlackRock Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.1

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Abrupt, straight to the point, brief self intro then straight to technical questions, didnt even get to ask about the company. I was not warned about the experience I had so I was taken by surprise.

Interview Questions

• Given a large set of numbers and infinite storage space, whats the most efficient algorithm for managing these numbers?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an online assessment. The online assessment consists of 4 programming questions on Strings and data structures. Approximately finish time for assessment is 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Portfolio Calculation. You need to define your own input/output.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Did a coding challenge that included relatively lengthy 4 problems of moderate difficulty, then was invited for on site final round interviews. The interview team was laid-back and extremely welcoming. Will be waiting a week or so to hear back from the company on their decision.

Interview Questions

• Sort a stack using only one other stack and a single variable.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Start with a coding challenge with hacker rank. This is one of the hardest interviews I ever faced. Had three questions able to complete only one at the given time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Nicely designed, 4 back-to-back interviews, mixed behavior and technical questions. You should prepare a lot for Java concept questions such as the difference between Concurrent HashMap and synchronized HashMap and perhaps low-level knowledge.
    Asked about your background related to finance, why BlackRock? What do you want to get from BlackRock? Things like these.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and received an email from Manager after one month. First round was hacker rank test. This test many topics like JavaScript, Java, HTML, CSS, Threads in Java and UML Class diagrams. We also have to upload our any previous written code for any assignment or project. After some days, got the positive feedback from the Manager and asked to schedule 5 video interviews. 4 out of these 5 interviews were technical. They covered topics from core java, design questions, Dynamic programming, threads, Algorithms, Spring and technologies mentioned in my resume. Last video interview was with HR and we discussed about the BlackRock business model and the position roles and responsibilities.
    After this I called onsite for another two rounds. First round was technical and second round was both technical and HR type questions.
    After this I was called to set up one more video interview.

Interview Questions

• Core java, Spring, Hibernate, Threads, JavaScript, Dynamic Programming, Algorithms, recursive programming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

1 short on-campus technical interview lasted about 30 minutes (interviewer came late). Called back for superday about a week later. Super day consisted of 4 back-to-back interviews 45 minutes each, 2 were technical and 2 were behavioral. However, I know different people got different combinations of technical/behavioral interviews too.

Interview Questions

• Describe a data structure, write a sort algorithm, time complexity of adding/removing from stack (different implementations of stack)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Tough super day. Some technical questions, some non-technical brain teasers. Four total interviewers that lasted about an hour each. There was no financial questions because they didn't expect any software knowledge coming in as an intern.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

one round phone interview: code interview and java knowledges
    four rounds of onsite interview in one day: 70% java questions, 29% code interview, 1% SQL
    a lot java concurrency questions, and java advanced features. code interview and SQL questions are very basic.

Interview Questions

• difference between hashtable, hashmap and concurrent hashmap in java
      count sort
      decode ways
      reverse linked list   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview to verify basic information. Second phone interview about skills. Third in-house interview with multiple teams that lasted about 4 hours. Human Resources was very helpful and knowledgable about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why am I leaving my current employer to work at Blackrock.   2 Answers