BlackRock Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Nicely designed, 4 back-to-back interviews, mixed behavior and technical questions. You should prepare a lot for Java concept questions such as the difference between Concurrent HashMap and synchronized HashMap and perhaps low-level knowledge.
Asked about your background related to finance, why BlackRock? What do you want to get from BlackRock? Things like these.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and received an email from Manager after one month. First round was hacker rank test. This test many topics like JavaScript, Java, HTML, CSS, Threads in Java and UML Class diagrams. We also have to upload our any previous written code for any assignment or project. After some days, got the positive feedback from the Manager and asked to schedule 5 video interviews. 4 out of these 5 interviews were technical. They covered topics from core java, design questions, Dynamic programming, threads, Algorithms, Spring and technologies mentioned in my resume. Last video interview was with HR and we discussed about the BlackRock business model and the position roles and responsibilities.
    After this I called onsite for another two rounds. First round was technical and second round was both technical and HR type questions.
    After this I was called to set up one more video interview.

Interview Questions

• Core java, Spring, Hibernate, Threads, JavaScript, Dynamic Programming, Algorithms, recursive programming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

1 short on-campus technical interview lasted about 30 minutes (interviewer came late). Called back for superday about a week later. Super day consisted of 4 back-to-back interviews 45 minutes each, 2 were technical and 2 were behavioral. However, I know different people got different combinations of technical/behavioral interviews too.

Interview Questions

• Describe a data structure, write a sort algorithm, time complexity of adding/removing from stack (different implementations of stack)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Tough super day. Some technical questions, some non-technical brain teasers. Four total interviewers that lasted about an hour each. There was no financial questions because they didn't expect any software knowledge coming in as an intern.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

one round phone interview: code interview and java knowledges
    four rounds of onsite interview in one day: 70% java questions, 29% code interview, 1% SQL
    a lot java concurrency questions, and java advanced features. code interview and SQL questions are very basic.

Interview Questions

• difference between hashtable, hashmap and concurrent hashmap in java
      count sort
      decode ways
      reverse linked list
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview to verify basic information. Second phone interview about skills. Third in-house interview with multiple teams that lasted about 4 hours. Human Resources was very helpful and knowledgable about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why am I leaving my current employer to work at Blackrock.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I have one-round in-campus interview first. And then I got an email to be onsite. There are four rounds interview onsite. In the first round, it seems that he is interested in my project. He asked me to design a recommending system for room booking. We discussed about the features of a room and how to use this feature to recommend room for the user. The second round is about the technical quetions. He asked me about the multi-thread and lock questions in Java. Actually I am not familiar with Java multi-thread so I am feeling not good in this round. In the third round, he asked me if I am good at multithread and I said no. He keeps asking knowledge questions instead of algorithm questions. In the fourth round, he asked me so SQL queries but they are quite easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

Given a online technical screening then came in for super day. Online screening was relatively simple, was given two questions on the level of "given a string check if its a palindrome". Super day interview consisted of anywhere from three to five interviewers in an intense technical interview for several hours.

Interview Questions

• How does a HashMap find an entry? What is the runtime of that search?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a phone screen followed by an on-site interview. The phone screen was straight forward and was mainly a resume review and some technical questions. No coding! The on-site interview was 4 hours - 4 interviews back to back in the SF office. The interviews were very different from the usual technical interviews. They focused more on skills than memory. One round was behavioral and one was anlytic, and the other two were technical.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the technical aspects, they also focus a lot on the behavioral and analytic questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Through NYU On Campus recruitment. Lady was mean! She was not very helpful when it comes to asking questions. She expects an answer for her questions right away or she will be stressed.