BlackRock Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and received an email from Manager after one month. First round was hacker rank test. This test many topics like JavaScript, Java, HTML, CSS, Threads in Java and UML Class diagrams. We also have to upload our any previous written code for any assignment or project. After some days, got the positive feedback from the Manager and asked to schedule 5 video interviews. 4 out of these 5 interviews were technical. They covered topics from core java, design questions, Dynamic programming, threads, Algorithms, Spring and technologies mentioned in my resume. Last video interview was with HR and we discussed about the BlackRock business model and the position roles and responsibilities.
After this I called onsite for another two rounds. First round was technical and second round was both technical and HR type questions.
After this I was called to set up one more video interview.

Interview Questions

• Core java, Spring, Hibernate, Threads, JavaScript, Dynamic Programming, Algorithms, recursive programming.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in June 2016.

Interview

First I got HackerRank Test, I passed It and Then I was called for the interview at company site. There were 4 rounds of interview each 45 minutes. There questions on my resume and other than there were some behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

1st round is the HireVue Coding test. 7 Java based questions and 2 Video recorded questions. the solution of the next question depends on how you answered the first. So do not skip any and runn all the test cases perfectly

Interview Questions

• Questions start with implementation of basic split function in Java. Remember all questions are somewhat linked and you are asked to copy your code in a local editor as you might use them later. The difficulty increases with every question. There is no time limit for writing this test and you can finish it in multiple sittings. The questions weren't intended to test your data structure skills but your Java skills.   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

1 short on-campus technical interview lasted about 30 minutes (interviewer came late). Called back for superday about a week later. Super day consisted of 4 back-to-back interviews 45 minutes each, 2 were technical and 2 were behavioral. However, I know different people got different combinations of technical/behavioral interviews too.

Interview Questions

• Describe a data structure, write a sort algorithm, time complexity of adding/removing from stack (different implementations of stack)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Apply online before January 10, 2016. Received on campus 30 mins interview on January 28, 2016. Ask to implement a function that can change string into integer. Why BlackRock? Questions? Received onsite 4 hours interview on Febrary 4, 2016.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through online .Interviewed by vc and developer from apg. Friendly and good interview. Waiting for reply

Questions mostly from resume

Tell me about design patterns you used?

Sql question using groupby and having?

What is hibernate used for?

Did you used any no sql?

What is spring ioc and how can you describe spring ioc?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter then set up a Phone interview using an online programming website. I was asked for couple technical conceptual questions then a simple algorithm coding question. The total time was about 45 mins. Nothing from resume was asked.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers(positive and negative), find the maximum sum of consecutive integers.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY).

Interview

Given a online technical screening then came in for super day. Online screening was relatively simple, was given two questions on the level of "given a string check if its a palindrome". Super day interview consisted of anywhere from three to five interviewers in an intense technical interview for several hours.

Interview Questions

• How does a HashMap find an entry? What is the runtime of that search?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I had an email with a recruiter to set up a phone call with a senior engineer. After that initial phone screen I heard nothing back from the company. I did some follow up with research about one of the topics discussed in the interview which the recruiter was impressed with but still heard nothing after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online, and I was invited for the first round telephone interview after about a week. The phone interview was entirely behavioral and I think it went alright. I am waiting for the results for that, which should take about a week. The next round should involve an in-person technical interview. Since I am still waiting for the results, I have indicated that I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major(s), and what do you plan to do after graduation?   2 Answers