BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After applying, I had to do a virtual cover letter which is basically 2 behavioral questions. Then next round is online technical assessment. You can choose from Coding or Statistics. Both were reasonably challenging. Waiting for feedback

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major and how will it help you in your career?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2016.

Interview

Online interview through hirevue, which is a very modern way to do, saving lots of time for companies. But it is really awkward for me to talk with a camera while you have to pretend you have eye contact. And the timing is set at 90 secoonds, you video will be automatically cut, so should be really cautious abou this issue. Try several times before the real attempt.

Interview Questions

• Very simple and basic background question like why Blackrock and why this position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process I felt was drawn out. There was a lot of time between interviews, with little communication. I applied online before the October deadline, heard back 3 weeks later, had a virtual interview, 6 weeks later was invited into the office for super-day interviews. I enjoyed the interview process throughout, although there might be some bias as I really want to work at BlackRock.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock?
      What are some market conditions that interest you?
      How do you stay on top of the markets?
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock in December 2016.

Interview

I applied two summer analyst and both send me to accomplish an virtual cover letter. And the questions for the two virtual cover letter is the same.The virtual cover letter is ten minutes and there are 2 questions. 1) Why BlackRock and Why this division. 2) What's your favorite class and why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online at school job webinar, and then it took 2 weeks to process and I received an email about the online Interview by HireVue. The questions were the regular ones. After 1 week, a senior employee contacted me and had a phone interview. I was rejected 15 days later.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

4 hour online interview for the first round. Basically making sure you know basic object-oriented concepts and how to parse strings, but FAR too long in length. Then they bring you to an onsite interview. The questions are incredibly basic. I'm pretty good at technical interviews and answered everything without flaw, but still got rejected. The recruiter I had was impersonal and took forever to answer any questions. After interviewing in person, I never got so much as a rejection email and had to call them to find out I was rejected. No idea why. Only one of the four developers I talked to seemed even remotely interested in their job or performing the interview. Offices are kinda bland on the inside, nothing like any other software company you could work for. Overall, I wouldn't recommend even applying unless you REALLY want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Super easy stuff. Implement fizz buzz, then do it without a modulus operator. What is the Unix Epoch. A couple other questions I forgot, but they weren't difficult. Basic data structure questions. You get to meet with one of the directors who will ask you a personality question or two. Every single interviewer will ask you "Why BlackRock?" so be prepared. If you're reading this, you're probably prepared enough already.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

After I submitted the application, I received an email to record virtual cover letter. It has two questions about how your academic background contribute you to this position and why blackrock. After several weeks, it asked me to do the online assessment of stats or coding. Stats are all multiple choices.

Interview Questions

• You are performing a regression of Y on X, and find that the variability of the residual is unequal across the range of X. What can we imply from this?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied online for the Multi-Asset and Trading Internships. The interview process was pretty straightforward. First Round Digital Interview --> Virtual or On-Site Interview --> Superday --> Offer. Just make sure to prep for the digital interview like you would for a normal behavioral.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why this company and why this specific business concentration?
      2) Why did you choose your major and how do you believe it will help in your career?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied by submitting my resume on their website. I was then contacted about a video interview. A couple days later I received an email about a SuperDay the following week. The SuperDay was 4.5 hours - 4 interviews and 1 case/presentation. The interviews were very relaxed. It almost feel more like a conversation. Everyone was really nice and interested in what I had to share.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the career site on campus. I got the first round video interview 2,3 weeks afterwards. Then, I got invited to superday in NY for 2nd round in person interview. However, the interviewer talked so much so I barely even talked.