BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

134 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

About two weeks after submitting my application, I was invited to San Francisco for a 2-day superday to interview for 3 teams. This was odd, because I had applied for only 2 positions, both in New York, but the change was not a big deal. First day consisted of a 30 minute interview for each team. Was notified that I had made it to the next round later that evening. The next day, I had 4 30-minute interviews for each team I advanced with. Interviews ranged from behavioral to technical. Most involved a walk-through of something on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you faced that forced you to change your perspective to find a solution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus portal in the summer and was asked to complete virtual cover letters within 3 days. Around the beginning of November I was invited to do a 30-minute video interview with an employee. The day after that I was invited to superday, which was 2 days after receiving the invitation, and superday consisted of 4 30-minute interviews with team members. Heard back the day after superday.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions and questions about my resume, why blackrock, basic questions about position I applied for   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

It was about 45 minutes. First, behavioral questions and your motivation for this position. Then, some questions about the global market and a stock pitch question. Also some questions about the concepts of Beta, Alpha and how to hedge risk in the market with the CAPM model.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2017.

Interview

After summiting your information online then you'll receive a online test . This test needs to be finished in 4 days and has 4 coding questions and 1 video behavior question.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2017.

Interview

It happened across Hirevue, and asked two questions about Blackrock with 5 minutes to prepare in between. The whole process was pretty fast but I'm still waiting for the result to come out for about one month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked about market and credit risk. I didn't have enough background knowledge, but the interviewer is very helpful explaining the questions. Other basic questions like why do you choose your school. What are you planing to do using your skills.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Online interview. On-site interviews in SF 2 weeks later that included one round (mostly behavioral) on Thurs with 2 interviewers and got a call for the final round on Friday with 4 interviewers. I really liked the team and the innovation-oriented culture. Final round was definitely way more technical. Afterwards, I waited for a week before getting the offer through HR's phone call on the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• - Talk about investing, past summer internship experience, problems I solved
      - Technicals   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2017.

Interview

Process was mainly online, cover letter needed and technical assessment. Pretty quick and straightforward. They get in contact within decent time. A Cover letter is needed for most positions. The technical assessment was online and there was on-site interview

Interview Questions

• How will your experience and background contribute to the position   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through CFN.
    6 employees from the Aladdin Service team interviewed me. I applied to the Tokyo office, so the interview was conducted in both English and Japanese ( it was a Eng - Jpn - Eng - Jpn ... kind of order so in the end it was hard for me to speak logically in either language).
    The questions were mainly behavioral, but there were also some brain teasers. The brain teaser itself wasn't that difficult but they gave no time to think, so it was stressful.
    Despite the intensity, everyone was super nice.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock, Why Aladdin, your knowledge about BlackRock, etc.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through the career website of BlackRock, the first interview was a record interview on HireVue with some basic question as tell me about yourself, why blackrock. Then was reached out by the HR and scheduled an interview with one of the team member, the interview was purely technical with math, statistical model, programming and finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. Mean variance efficiency. Time series model.   Answer Question