BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

143 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

This is a 30 min virtual interview. The interviewer asked me lots of behavior questions (almost no technical question). After the interview, I waited for about half a month to get the response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Basic about resume, the interviewer asked many details about the former experience. Mainly about the model you learn before the class and the internship experience. But the questions are very detailedly.

Interview Questions

• How you did in your former internship projects.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied for software developer intern role. They had the longest online assessment ever. Four coding questions plus a 90 sec video. The underlying algorithms of the coding questions aren't necessarily difficult, but the pre-processing steps were a pain, because no matter what question you get, the input were mere strings.

Interview Questions

• 90 sec video, talk about why you think you're a good fit. Only one take allowed.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

About two weeks after submitting my application, I was invited to San Francisco for a 2-day superday to interview for 3 teams. This was odd, because I had applied for only 2 positions, both in New York, but the change was not a big deal. First day consisted of a 30 minute interview for each team. Was notified that I had made it to the next round later that evening. The next day, I had 4 30-minute interviews for each team I advanced with. Interviews ranged from behavioral to technical. Most involved a walk-through of something on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you faced that forced you to change your perspective to find a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus portal in the summer and was asked to complete virtual cover letters within 3 days. Around the beginning of November I was invited to do a 30-minute video interview with an employee. The day after that I was invited to superday, which was 2 days after receiving the invitation, and superday consisted of 4 30-minute interviews with team members. Heard back the day after superday.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions and questions about my resume, why blackrock, basic questions about position I applied for   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

ETF and Index Investing Group. 1st round video interview (middle management level), 2nd round superday with 4 directors. very quick turnaround. Entire process from 1st round to offer took one week. Very friendly people, they were good listeners and seemed very friendly. Mostly behavioural with emphasis on markets orientated questions and how you work in a team.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

It was about 45 minutes. First, behavioral questions and your motivation for this position. Then, some questions about the global market and a stock pitch question. Also some questions about the concepts of Beta, Alpha and how to hedge risk in the market with the CAPM model.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked about market and credit risk. I didn't have enough background knowledge, but the interviewer is very helpful explaining the questions. Other basic questions like why do you choose your school. What are you planing to do using your skills.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2017.

Interview

After summiting your information online then you'll receive a online test . This test needs to be finished in 4 days and has 4 coding questions and 1 video behavior question.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2017.

Interview

It happened across Hirevue, and asked two questions about Blackrock with 5 minutes to prepare in between. The whole process was pretty fast but I'm still waiting for the result to come out for about one month.