BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2017

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through CFN.
6 employees from the Aladdin Service team interviewed me. I applied to the Tokyo office, so the interview was conducted in both English and Japanese ( it was a Eng - Jpn - Eng - Jpn ... kind of order so in the end it was hard for me to speak logically in either language).
The questions were mainly behavioral, but there were also some brain teasers. The brain teaser itself wasn't that difficult but they gave no time to think, so it was stressful.
Despite the intensity, everyone was super nice.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock, Why Aladdin, your knowledge about BlackRock, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through the career website of BlackRock, the first interview was a record interview on HireVue with some basic question as tell me about yourself, why blackrock. Then was reached out by the HR and scheduled an interview with one of the team member, the interview was purely technical with math, statistical model, programming and finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. Mean variance efficiency. Time series model.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I received an application to take the coding test and that was pretty much it.Not gonna break my NDA but basic algo questions including a tree traversal and hash map related problems. It was not so bad really, I am still waiting on the reply. I think if you're going to superday, prepare for algorithms and be ready to code in java because that's the only language they like.

Interview Questions

• Not gonna break my NDA but basic algo questions including a tree traversal and hash map related problems. It was not so bad really, I am still waiting on the reply. I think if you're going to superday, prepare for algorithms and be ready to code in java because that's the only language they like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After applying, I had to do a virtual cover letter which is basically 2 behavioral questions. Then next round is online technical assessment. You can choose from Coding or Statistics. Both were reasonably challenging. Waiting for feedback

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major and how will it help you in your career?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock in December 2016.

Interview

I applied two summer analyst and both send me to accomplish an virtual cover letter. And the questions for the two virtual cover letter is the same.The virtual cover letter is ten minutes and there are 2 questions. 1) Why BlackRock and Why this division. 2) What's your favorite class and why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online at school job webinar, and then it took 2 weeks to process and I received an email about the online Interview by HireVue. The questions were the regular ones. After 1 week, a senior employee contacted me and had a phone interview. I was rejected 15 days later.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

4 hour online interview for the first round. Basically making sure you know basic object-oriented concepts and how to parse strings, but FAR too long in length. Then they bring you to an onsite interview. The questions are incredibly basic. I'm pretty good at technical interviews and answered everything without flaw, but still got rejected. The recruiter I had was impersonal and took forever to answer any questions. After interviewing in person, I never got so much as a rejection email and had to call them to find out I was rejected. No idea why. Only one of the four developers I talked to seemed even remotely interested in their job or performing the interview. Offices are kinda bland on the inside, nothing like any other software company you could work for. Overall, I wouldn't recommend even applying unless you REALLY want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Super easy stuff. Implement fizz buzz, then do it without a modulus operator. What is the Unix Epoch. A couple other questions I forgot, but they weren't difficult. Basic data structure questions. You get to meet with one of the directors who will ask you a personality question or two. Every single interviewer will ask you "Why BlackRock?" so be prepared. If you're reading this, you're probably prepared enough already.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

After I submitted the application, I received an email to record virtual cover letter. It has two questions about how your academic background contribute you to this position and why blackrock. After several weeks, it asked me to do the online assessment of stats or coding. Stats are all multiple choices.

Interview Questions

• You are performing a regression of Y on X, and find that the variability of the residual is unequal across the range of X. What can we imply from this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the career site on campus. I got the first round video interview 2,3 weeks afterwards. Then, I got invited to superday in NY for 2nd round in person interview. However, the interviewer talked so much so I barely even talked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on website
    Took Online web interview on same day.
    Got email asking for scholarship essay.
    Got invitation to interview on campus
    I applied for multi assets and alternative investments based on my background but was assigned to interview for quant based equity +fixed income and trading/ Liquidites team. This mismatch truly deprived me of the opportunity to impress them with my background as they were specifically looking for candidates with quants and IT background.

Interview Questions

• It varies for different individuals based on your back ground. Interview questions are asked based on what you say ok the spot. So I suggest you know your content and know about the company.
      Some technical and some behavioral (team based questions)
      If you have a finance back ground or CFA candidacy on your resume: questions include,
      DCF Analysis
      Million dollar portfolio allocation
      Sharpe ratio , hedging, credit default swaps , interest rate parity, etc   1 Answer