BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Video Cover letter followed by two Skype interviews. The final step consisted of an Assessment Center in their London office. All of the interviewers were very kind and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through the career website of BlackRock, the first interview was a record interview on HireVue with some basic question as tell me about yourself, why blackrock. Then was reached out by the HR and scheduled an interview with one of the team member, the interview was purely technical with math, statistical model, programming and finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. Mean variance efficiency. Time series model.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the usual process, and was then invited to complete a virtual cover letter, where I had to answer two questions with 1 minute and 30 seconds to answer each, with one minute of preparation time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose BlackRock and why this department?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The initial stage is done through HireVue, the next stage consists of 2 interviews with current employees. Everyone was very friendly and willing to help. The HireVue part it's a virtual cover letter where you talk about your motivation to apply for the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After applying, I had to do a virtual cover letter which is basically 2 behavioral questions. Then next round is online technical assessment. You can choose from Coding or Statistics. Both were reasonably challenging. Waiting for feedback

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major and how will it help you in your career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online at school job webinar, and then it took 2 weeks to process and I received an email about the online Interview by HireVue. The questions were the regular ones. After 1 week, a senior employee contacted me and had a phone interview. I was rejected 15 days later.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2017.

Interview

Applied Online- was informed was selected. Interview process was fairly simplistic, HR replied quickly to any doubts/queries I had and was pretty accomodative. Interviewers were very nice - not at all like traditional finance, and were looking for genuine interest. It's a good idea to know about current financial events and basic facts about the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

On line cv and first round interview after two months. The hirevue thing is kind of difficult to get access to and you have to be on the phone while you are in video

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock in December 2016.

Interview

I applied two summer analyst and both send me to accomplish an virtual cover letter. And the questions for the two virtual cover letter is the same.The virtual cover letter is ten minutes and there are 2 questions. 1) Why BlackRock and Why this division. 2) What's your favorite class and why.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process I felt was drawn out. There was a lot of time between interviews, with little communication. I applied online before the October deadline, heard back 3 weeks later, had a virtual interview, 6 weeks later was invited into the office for super-day interviews. I enjoyed the interview process throughout, although there might be some bias as I really want to work at BlackRock.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock?
      What are some market conditions that interest you?
      How do you stay on top of the markets?
      Answer Question