BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

143 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

This is a 30 min virtual interview. The interviewer asked me lots of behavior questions (almost no technical question). After the interview, I waited for about half a month to get the response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

ETF and Index Investing Group. 1st round video interview (middle management level), 2nd round superday with 4 directors. very quick turnaround. Entire process from 1st round to offer took one week. Very friendly people, they were good listeners and seemed very friendly. Mostly behavioural with emphasis on markets orientated questions and how you work in a team.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of a Virtual Cover Letter (2 simple questions) and then an invitation to phone interview 3 weeks later. This round was 2x 30 min phone interviews with two bankers in the department. One competency/experience based and the other to test commercial awareness. Got invitation to final round 5 days later.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was emailed to do an online assessment within a week. I had to write some code in Java, it was quite simple. It really just tested if you know OOP.

Then I was invited to London for the in-person interview. There were two interviews with low-level employees, (perhaps analysts themselves). The first interviewer asked questions about my CV, past experience and further questions about Java in general (explain what OOP is, given such a scenario what design pattern should be applied).

The second interviewer asked technical questions about SQL and Java. He didn't seem to have a much knowledge of Java however as he didn't understand what the purpose of using an interface over an abstract class was.

If you don't pass these interviews you will be asked to go home. During this time "lunch" is served. It is a more disgusting bread I have ever eaten with the most basic and flavorless of fillings. The same caterers are employed during other events/meetings throughout the internship, some people enjoyed this type of food. I found it to be vile.

The last interview is with someone higher up, a vice president or director. My interview was with the director of the team I joined upon being hired. It's much more informal, discussing my CV in depth, other projects I've worked on and gives you the opportunity to ask questions about the kind of work you might be expected to do.

I was emailed a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would go about designing a minesweeper game in Java.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. Mostly behavioural/background/CV questions, but be prepared to be asked about market view as well. It took quite long (~2 weeks) for them to get back to me on next step.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

You have to attach a CV online. You will received a short hirevue itw.
    If you make it. You'll be invited to a 1st round itw with analysts/associates.
    Mine was : 30 min (behavioral/fit — walk me through your resume, why BR, why AM, etc) +30 min (problem-solving questions close to consulting)

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There was an online cover letter following initially sending off the CV. Went to a BlackRock campus event prior to gain extra knowledge but most could be found online anyway. Would recommend practising before. 2 questions asking you the basic stuff you'd put on a cover letter anyway.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Basic about resume, the interviewer asked many details about the former experience. Mainly about the model you learn before the class and the internship experience. But the questions are very detailedly.

Interview Questions

• How you did in your former internship projects.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied for software developer intern role. They had the longest online assessment ever. Four coding questions plus a 90 sec video. The underlying algorithms of the coding questions aren't necessarily difficult, but the pre-processing steps were a pain, because no matter what question you get, the input were mere strings.

Interview Questions

• 90 sec video, talk about why you think you're a good fit. Only one take allowed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through campus portal in the summer and was asked to complete virtual cover letters within 3 days. Around the beginning of November I was invited to do a 30-minute video interview with an employee. The day after that I was invited to superday, which was 2 days after receiving the invitation, and superday consisted of 4 30-minute interviews with team members. Heard back the day after superday.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions and questions about my resume, why blackrock, basic questions about position I applied for   Answer Question