BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the career site on campus. I got the first round video interview 2,3 weeks afterwards. Then, I got invited to superday in NY for 2nd round in person interview. However, the interviewer talked so much so I barely even talked.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on website
    Took Online web interview on same day.
    Got email asking for scholarship essay.
    Got invitation to interview on campus
    I applied for multi assets and alternative investments based on my background but was assigned to interview for quant based equity +fixed income and trading/ Liquidites team. This mismatch truly deprived me of the opportunity to impress them with my background as they were specifically looking for candidates with quants and IT background.

Interview Questions

• It varies for different individuals based on your back ground. Interview questions are asked based on what you say ok the spot. So I suggest you know your content and know about the company.
      Some technical and some behavioral (team based questions)
      If you have a finance back ground or CFA candidacy on your resume: questions include,
      DCF Analysis
      Million dollar portfolio allocation
      Sharpe ratio , hedging, credit default swaps , interest rate parity, etc
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

this interview was on hirevue. It was a recorded interview in which I was asked two questions (one at a time) and given about 2 minutes to prepare an answer for each one. you could not rerecord your answers, once they 90 seconds or was up the answer was submitted and it advanced to the next one. they gave two sample questions for you to practice with and you could advance to the real questions whenever you wanted. I received a follow up email about a month later asking me to do the next step- two more questions on hirevue. Awaiting an answer from that.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First did the online cover letter. This is a recorded video cover letter. A week and a half later, I was called into their New York Office. The Campus Recruiting team is very good about making the process as efficient and short as possible. Went for an interview in their new York office. Very conversational and more behavioral. The first day was more so conversational. The second Day was a normal super day. They were very great. Some technical questions but overall a great experience.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2016.

Interview

1st round was a video recording where a question will pop up and it gives you 30 seconds to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. Before that, they give you the opportunity to practice recording your answers with unlimited tries, but only give you 1 attempt at answering the official questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to blackrock and this particular division?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

First round was phone interview. Asked about resume and interest about the company. Also some market questions.
    Final round was 4 back to back interviews, with MD, VP and 2 analysts in the group. Both technical and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Process was three steps with a couple weeks in between each step. First round is a self-recorded response to a couple questions. Second round is a video interview with someone in the division you're applying for (but not necessarily the location). Last round is an on-site superday with four back to back interviews. Overall, I loved my experience with the process. I highly recommend applying for multiple positions, seeing as you can proceed through the pipeline in multiple roles until the final round. People were very nice and genuine, but they would challenge you on certain responses to see how deep your answers go. My advice would be to go above and beyond to prepare for each round and just be honest and genuine during interviews. Don't strive to impress them, strive to be yourself and let your personality and resume speak for themselves.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a book or article that you've read recently that relates to the market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It is a 30 minutes phone interview. Based on resume and previous experience. They are pretty nice and questions are not technical -- Alumni interview. Easy Interview but no response after two weeks. Summer Intern are 10 weeks, quantitative, need python coding and the time are very flexible (from May to September)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First round campus interview with a PAG director. The interview questions were mostly behavioral and random. Some market related and some specifically about company/PAG. The interviewer emphasized the importance of tech skills and previous internship experience. Used lots of business lingo. He had too high expectations from a college student with no experience. I felt intimidated.

Interview Questions

• What's risk? How should you invest money? What plays the biggest role when deciding how to invest? What are c-cards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First need to submit a video recording of answering to questions for 1 - 2 minutes. Second round is a video interview with an analyst for 30 minutes which went way above. It has behavior, technical and braintesears. Final round is a superday in SF office with 4 rounds of 30min interviews.