BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Hirevue interview. 90s to respond to each question. Have 60s to 90s to prepare the answer. Ask four questions in total. Why BlackRock? Why RQA? What's your favorite course? Describe a time when you are innovative.how do you quantify the risk of 100 Apple stocks?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for summer analyst - software engineer intern in San Francisco. Firstly, there is a online coding interview with 6 questions. The questions are related to string operations and Object-oriented programming. Then 3 weeks later, I was told to take the final onsite interviews. Onsite interviews consists of 4 rounds. Two are behavioral, and two are technical. After the onsite interview, I have waited for a month, and haven't received any reply. That's very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: The projects in the resume was went through. Project experience with leadership, trouble shooting, communication skills,e.t.c. Very basic.
      Technical questions: design classes with the interviewer. "get the height of a binary tree". Network related concepts like DNS. Java Web.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus career website. One online test with six coding questions related to a specific financial context and one self-introducing video recording at last. Got onsite interview afterwards and interviewed with four different engineers/managers. The onsite interview was a combination of coding questions, Java fundamentals and behavior questions.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Princeton, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied at BlackRock Princeton Client Businesses through employee referral, had a 5 minute pre screen recorded interview and was invited to engage in a 30 minute first round video interview, now i am preparing for their superday interview in princeton, 4 30 minute interviews of technical and behavioral questions. So far very friendly employees and very enjoyable interview process.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good leader?
      Time you led a team
      how would your friends describe you?
      what are some negative things they might say about you?
      Name a recent article you read pertaining to global financial markets

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2016.

Interview

A prerecorded video screening. Haven't been notified for a second round yet. This process seems rather slow because it has been almost two months since I applied. The screening does make people fell a bit uncomfortable though, especially when you have to look up to the camera and try to make eye contact with it.

Interview Questions

• why BLK/this group; favorite class; why this major; nothing too unexpected but be sure to pay attention to the timing, which could be a challenge.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Then was contacted with an invitation to do a pre-recorded video interview on their online portal. It consisted of only two questions and were pretty standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock?
      Why this specific business group?
      Tell me about a time you were innovative

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2016.

Interview

First interview after the application. Automated Video. On a computer. Four questions. Ninety seconds to prepare and ninety seconds to answer. Why BlackRock? Why your current degree? Not that difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing to increase your knowledge in the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2016.

Interview

First round pre-recorded interview. There are four questions in total, and all pretty standard questions like why BlackRock and why this division. 30s to prepare and 90s to answer for each.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2016.

Interview

HireVue pre-recorded interview with 3 behavioral questions about your desire to work for BlackRock, why you chose your course of study, etc. Given 30 seconds to prepare your answer and 90 seconds to answer. Very short, to the point, and smooth process.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the Financial Markets Advisory Group, applied through college career website and then on campus interview with alumni. Asked a lot of market based questions and one question would lead to another and then deep down to test your macroeconomics/finance knowledge. Pretty hard to connect with the interviewer as there was just no behaviorals