BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2018

144 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online at school job webinar, and then it took 2 weeks to process and I received an email about the online Interview by HireVue. The questions were the regular ones. After 1 week, a senior employee contacted me and had a phone interview. I was rejected 15 days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

A few Steps. First hirevue virtual camera. Then over the phone with HR. Then over the phone with two employees of spot your applying for. Then super day consisting of 5 30 min interviews.

Interview Questions

• What have you been following in the markets?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

4 hour online interview for the first round. Basically making sure you know basic object-oriented concepts and how to parse strings, but FAR too long in length. Then they bring you to an onsite interview. The questions are incredibly basic. I'm pretty good at technical interviews and answered everything without flaw, but still got rejected. The recruiter I had was impersonal and took forever to answer any questions. After interviewing in person, I never got so much as a rejection email and had to call them to find out I was rejected. No idea why. Only one of the four developers I talked to seemed even remotely interested in their job or performing the interview. Offices are kinda bland on the inside, nothing like any other software company you could work for. Overall, I wouldn't recommend even applying unless you REALLY want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Super easy stuff. Implement fizz buzz, then do it without a modulus operator. What is the Unix Epoch. A couple other questions I forgot, but they weren't difficult. Basic data structure questions. You get to meet with one of the directors who will ask you a personality question or two. Every single interviewer will ask you "Why BlackRock?" so be prepared. If you're reading this, you're probably prepared enough already.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

After I submitted the application, I received an email to record virtual cover letter. It has two questions about how your academic background contribute you to this position and why blackrock. After several weeks, it asked me to do the online assessment of stats or coding. Stats are all multiple choices.

Interview Questions

• You are performing a regression of Y on X, and find that the variability of the residual is unequal across the range of X. What can we imply from this?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock in September 2016.

Interview

Online interview through hirevue, which is a very modern way to do, saving lots of time for companies. But it is really awkward for me to talk with a camera while you have to pretend you have eye contact. And the timing is set at 90 secoonds, you video will be automatically cut, so should be really cautious abou this issue. Try several times before the real attempt.

Interview Questions

• Very simple and basic background question like why Blackrock and why this position.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied online for the Multi-Asset and Trading Internships. The interview process was pretty straightforward. First Round Digital Interview --> Virtual or On-Site Interview --> Superday --> Offer. Just make sure to prep for the digital interview like you would for a normal behavioral.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why this company and why this specific business concentration?
      2) Why did you choose your major and how do you believe it will help in your career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied by submitting my resume on their website. I was then contacted about a video interview. A couple days later I received an email about a SuperDay the following week. The SuperDay was 4.5 hours - 4 interviews and 1 case/presentation. The interviews were very relaxed. It almost feel more like a conversation. Everyone was really nice and interested in what I had to share.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the career site on campus. I got the first round video interview 2,3 weeks afterwards. Then, I got invited to superday in NY for 2nd round in person interview. However, the interviewer talked so much so I barely even talked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on website
    Took Online web interview on same day.
    Got email asking for scholarship essay.
    Got invitation to interview on campus
    I applied for multi assets and alternative investments based on my background but was assigned to interview for quant based equity +fixed income and trading/ Liquidites team. This mismatch truly deprived me of the opportunity to impress them with my background as they were specifically looking for candidates with quants and IT background.

Interview Questions

• It varies for different individuals based on your back ground. Interview questions are asked based on what you say ok the spot. So I suggest you know your content and know about the company.
      Some technical and some behavioral (team based questions)
      If you have a finance back ground or CFA candidacy on your resume: questions include,
      DCF Analysis
      Million dollar portfolio allocation
      Sharpe ratio , hedging, credit default swaps , interest rate parity, etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

this interview was on hirevue. It was a recorded interview in which I was asked two questions (one at a time) and given about 2 minutes to prepare an answer for each one. you could not rerecord your answers, once they 90 seconds or was up the answer was submitted and it advanced to the next one. they gave two sample questions for you to practice with and you could advance to the real questions whenever you wanted. I received a follow up email about a month later asking me to do the next step- two more questions on hirevue. Awaiting an answer from that.