BlackRock Summer Analyst PAG BlackRock Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlackRock Summer Analyst PAG BlackRock Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at BlackRock

1 Interview Review

5.0

Summer Analyst PAG BlackRock Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through Online Campus Career Center. Submitted resume, cover letter, and transcripts. First round was one 30 minute interview. People interviewed with multiple groups, but I only had one interview.

The first round interview was mostly fit with some technical. Wanted to know "Why Finance?", how does BlackRock make money, tell me about the yield curve, do you know what rollback is, do you follow the markets, what publications do you read, if you were to invest what would you invest in. I actually messed up the yield curve question but made a good impression with the interviewer when i described different investing strategies (risk averse, passive vs active, long term/ term short team, kinds of stocks and bonds i liked).

Second Round was in San Francisco. Five 30 minute interviews, back to back. Pretty intense. Asked about history of BlackRock, current market analysis (last six months), in depth questions about Quantitative Easing (QE3), tools of Fed to control money supply, treasury rate (current and historical), LIBOR rate, Unemployment rate, duration, convexity, negative convexity, maturity, CAPM model and Beta, questions about the purpose of regression, some political questions (Arab Spring), riskiness of Corporate vs Municipal Bonds, inflation/money supply question, difference between European and American financial systems, question about position of Greek Bond holders if Greece switched from Euro to Drachma. Also asked to explain something from my Mathematical Finance class. If you can explain something like Black Scholes, they would be impressed (unfortunately my class hadn't gotten there yet ).

There were also fit/behavioral questions relating to past internships, data analysis, different programs used, how I work in a team as well as how I work independently.

Still waiting to hear if I get an offer, so that's why I put "no".

Interview Questions

• Got drilled about how Quantitative Easing works, and 3 tools Fed has to control interest rates and Money Supply.   1 Answer