BlackRock Interview Questions in Sydney | Glassdoor

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President - GCG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2011.

Interview

great. Really deep interview with people that you worked for including country head. For sales they wanted to see passion for markets, investing and clients.

For a sales roles they only put in front of senior sales people and an investment person.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2011.

Interview

Gruelling, almost 15 hours of interview across multiple locations. The question asked ranges from technical to financial, even in areas which is not part of the role (to test general knowledge). It also asked about different types problems and to try to assess how you think through problems.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2011.

Interview

Went through a recruitment agency. All new positions are dealt via the regional head office in Hong Kong so the recruiter never gets to meet your eventual manager. I had a phone interview with HR in Hong Kong and then three interviews - one with the hiring manager and two with with senior stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• The questions from HR were the standard behavioral type questions such as "how do you work in a team", "how do you deal with difficult stakeholders" etc. Stakeholder questions were more about what I had accomplished in previous roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took a week from the final interview to receiving the offer as everything has to go via the Hong Kong office. The recruiter tried to get me to accept for less money, which I refused. The background check is horrendous, they want every tiny detail, including high school contact details (I have been working for 20 years) and pay slips from former employers.

Vice President - GCG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I interviewed at BlackRock (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2010.

Interview

3 interviews including country head at time. On the sales side they want to know about relationships and views on markets. if you are confident, seems to be a very big positive.

Interview Questions

• not difficult at all. I was a client and had very good knoweldge of the firm.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.