BlackRock Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 4, 2017

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackRock in October 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus after receiving interview invitation. The interviewer is MD and he talked most of time and I showed my passion to their company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Basic CV + Cover Letter. Then Coding test and video interview. Do a lot of background research about the company. Good to know one or two things about finance.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good. It was informal to start which made you feel a little more relaxed, and all staff were friendly. Around two days after I submitted my application I was asked to complete a short video interview (which took around 10 minutes). After this, I was invited to the assessment centre which consisted of 4 interviews and a technical test.

Interview Questions

• If a family member came to you for advice because their laptop was running slow, and buying a new one wasn't an option, what would you recommend?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quite long. One hour phone interview of competency questions and an hour long face to face scenario based interview with my manager. A separate hour interview with a key technology stakeholder and an hour interview with my team director.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you've had to work as part of a team to reach a common goal.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Did an on-campus interview, went through resume, ask to describe how much do i know about each language. and then some algorithm problem.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial round of interviews were not really interviews at all, more just sanity checks to make sure you weren't insane. After that, 4 or 5 interviews on competency (what projects I've worked on, when have I been challenged - the classics) and a little bit on technical ability. Very simple really. Had to also take a Java test, but that was pretty useless as it was for incredibly specific knowledge - I have a feeling it was an excerpt from the SCJP Java 5 exam.

The final analysts coming out of the process had a very wide range of abilities, so all can apply really!

Interview Questions

• How would you decide whether a given number is prime or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase as it was an entry level position.