BlackRock Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

3.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds and I met 5 people. The interview process took for about a month. The interviewers were very friendly and asked appropriate work related questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Disorganized; interviewers walked in not having a very good idea of what they are looking for in an interviewee; nor do they have clear idea of job responsibilities they are hiring for the role

Negotiation

no negotiation

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Apply through website, phone screen, and multiple interviews on various topics like Markets, Technical knowledge, and business knowledge. Also, tested how leadership and team work would be. There also have been bunch of questions on previous experiences.. Had to explain in detail the various projects done during different time periods.

Interview Questions

• They asked about Markets, Technical knowledge, and business knowledge. Also, tested how leadership and team work would be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Poor interview process based on one macho guy making a decision and then blaming to his team if anything goes bad. Moody management that doesn't know what to do. Giving priority to candidates based on referral fee they can get.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to do case study and meet a few people before I even started.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Interview was straightforward, two rounds, 5 people. Very standard question around the industry -- market, asset management, nothing technical or in depth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate anything, it is give it or take it.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process is great. They will run through the interview process with atleast 6-8 people from the same group and one or two from their counterpart teams.

Not only from one region, the interview panel contains mix and match of people from different regions to get an experience of what's the team and their operational model and how they are connected into bigger part of the organization

Interview Questions

• Consists of analytical, reasoning, technical and business oriented   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very efficient process, interviewers friendly and really engaged into the process, they offered me a balanced view of the role.
    Felt the company has a strong culture and is a. Ery collaborative environment.
    Right balance of cultural-fit, situations-based and technical questions

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Seems to take a long time, HR are slow to come back even if its positive or negative, some serious hard core questions from some people full of their own self importance but at the same time some very nice people who just want to know if you can do the job

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

The interview process is very long and tiring with schedule changes keep happening. This involves speaking with global counterpart and multiple local colleagues. It requires patience and commitment to complete this process.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

I had around 13 rounds of interview but it was very poorly managed. A lot can be done for scheduling and overall process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.