BlackRock Interview Questions in Wilmington, DE | Glassdoor

2.9

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at Blackrock in May 2017. They think they are google and thus they take 7-8 interviews. First, they took 3 rounds ( 1 coding, 2 phone technical interviews) and then said that the position has been filled via internal reference. Then they told me to that they will interview me for a different team. Video technical interviews for the whole day with 8 people one on one based in NY and Wilmington. Then they told that still Hiring manager is remaining and he will be available day after tomorrow. Then one more round with the hiring manager for 50 mins. Then they emailed me that reviews were very positive and then vanished. I emailed them to at least give a rejection email but still no reply from them. It sucks as I wasted like 5 days with them. At least I deserve a general automatic email confirming rejection. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Java, J2EE, Spring framework ( in deep ), Aspect-oriented programming, Hibernate, RestFul and SOAP in deep, deploying the application in a distributed environment and on parallel servers, WAR file related questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in March 2017.

Interview

First round was HackerRank coding challenge- mainly testing data structure concepts.
    Then after a week they scheduled a video interview with four 45 minutes video rounds.
    It started off with a session with the manager who went for a resume walk through and the scope and responsibilities of Aladdin group at BlackRock.The other 3 rounds were technical rounds where you will be tested based on your skills mentioned in resume like Java, Spring, Hibernate, Angular JS, other projects. Interviewers were friendly and knowledgable.Had a smooth experience. Waiting for results.

Interview Questions

• Why BlackRock? Difference between stock and bonds. Angular Routing, Components, Hibernate mapping, HashMap internals, MultiThreading   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR via email about 2 weeks after submitting application. The email asked to provide a range of times/dates for setting up a first round virtual interview. The interviewer was a leader in the organization and was able to provide a lot of detail about the role (which turned out to be very data focused/report heavy) before asking me to walk through my resume. HR followed up a few days later regarding a second round. Declined second round interview offer, which would have been in person. Process was very professional and timely.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with excel? Provide specific examples.   Answer Question
    • How can you use your previous HR experience in this role?   Answer Question

GPAS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Applied through a job fair at my university. Got an email and went to interview with 6 directors from different teams. Two brain teasers, behavioral questions and in general a very nice and positive experience. 30 minutes with each person. Financial questions were related to etfs, mutual funds, bond pricing and risk management.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions.
      Why blackrock? Your goals in 10-15 years? What is one Blackrock?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

It was easy but unflexible, the people are nice, warm and welcoming. HR keeps you up to date. Interviewers do not ask tough but thoughtful questions. It was overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• 2 days, in total 1 test and 4 interviews.   3 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Interview happened in december 2016. Two In-Person interviews. Both went really well. Interviewers were very happy to find a person with exactly the same experience they are looking for. Both Interviewers said they will extending the offer, but one reason they didn't hired me is because my work experience is not USA. They finally went with an In-experienced local candidate than hiring a experience professional. Although i never worked in US, but all my career i directly worked with USA Clients and people. i'm not sure if black rock provides equal employer opportunities but it didn't happened with me. This is pure racism. Disgusting people with racist attitude

Interview Questions

• Tell us about my experiance   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied via University, had 6 rounds of interviews on campus and then they took more than 2 months to come back with a reject. Stupid people and lazy HR. Questions were all behavioral and no technical or finance related question was asked.

Interview Questions

• Why Blackrock, Why analyst position, 2 buckets - one 3 litre and one 5 litre. How would you measure exactly 4 litre and you have 2 minutes to answer the question.   Answer Question

Pricing Economy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied Online, got in touch with HR afterwards. Then onsite interview with 6 people for 3 rounds. Every round lasts for 30 minutes. 2 Directors, 2 VPs, 2 Analysts. They would like to know my personalities and attitudes towards overtime working and my willingness to work in Wilmington (I come from NYC)

Interview Questions

• Why blackrock,Why your major, What interests you in this job function. What you like least and most in your internship program.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in June 2016.

Interview

First I got HackerRank Test, I passed It and Then I was called for the interview at company site. There were 4 rounds of interview each 45 minutes. There questions on my resume and other than there were some behavioral questions.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlackRock (Wilmington, DE) in April 2016.

Interview

1.recruiter review my resume from spring fair, and then contact with me with email
    2.one of the team members will be in touch to get your availability for the conversation.
    3.phone interview with team member

Interview Questions

• basic behavior question, and introduce culture of Blackrock   1 Answer