Blackbaud Account Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blackbaud Account Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Blackbaud

2.2

Account Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

I was referred to this company through a current employee. I applied online and received and email for an On Demand Interview (video recorded responses to pre-written interview questions). Personally, I do not like this type of interview because you don't receive any kind of feedback from your interviewer. I was never contacted by a real person, everything was automated. I can understand this process for candidates applying blindly online, but as someone who was referred by a current employee I expected a phone interview at minimum.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. What are your strengths? Why do you want to work for us? etc.   Answer Question

Blackbaud Response

Feb 12, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback! We are implementing a new video interview platform that we believe allows us to get a richer understanding of the candidate's background than just a resume or a phone... More

Other Interview Reviews for Blackbaud

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email invite to do a digital interview after a couple of days. You download an app onto your computer or smartphone and use a webcam to record answers to a set of preset questions. There's no person asking the questions, they just pop up, give you time to read it and think and then you have a few minutes to answer, so you can do it on your own time. Very general interview questions - why do you want to work for Blackbaud, what are your strengths, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. Nothing really specific to the job.

Couple of days later I got another email to schedule a phone interview with a team lead. The interview was casual in tone but much more focused on the actual job. She started out by explaining the role and compensation structure and then started asking about stuff on my resume, asked what about this role was attractive to me and what qualities and experiences I thought would help me succeed in it. At the end she told me she would like to bring me in for an onsite interview and that I'd hear from HR soon.

Another recruiter emailed me a day or two later inviting me onsite. The onsite took a little over 2 hours total: 1 hour shadowing a current ADR, 15 minute "interview" with a recruiter, 30 minute interview with the team lead I spoke to on the phone, then a 30 minute interview with her boss, the account development manager. The 15 minutes with the recruiter was more of a conversation than an interview. She really just reiterated the details of the role and asked me how I felt about it. A few basic questions about what I liked about the company and the role - same kind I was asked on the phone. The team lead and her boss each asked me a lot of the same questions during their interviews. More specific questions than I'd been asked on the phone but still nothing that should catch you off guard if you prepared. Asked me more specific questions about why I thought I was a good fit, asked more questions about stuff from my resume and my education, some "tell me about a time when" questions, some personality questions and also asked me to list the 3 most important qualities I would want my manager to have. Told me they'd be in touch within a week with their decision but then I got an email from the recruiter before I even made it home saying they wanted to "move forward with checking references." A few days later the recruiter called and told me they wanted to make me an offer and she would have final approval within a week. After another week I got a call and verbal offer from the team lead, followed by an offer sheet by email from HR the next day. Offer was contingent on a background check they run through Talent Wise.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when" questions. Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a change you didn't like, tell me about a time when you contributed a unique skill to a project etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for this role. Everybody gets the same offer: $28k base salary plus commission. On-target annual earnings (meaning you meet quota every month) is $35,500, and if you exceed quota commission is uncapped so there is no limit to how much more you can make.

Blackbaud Response

Mar 30, 2015 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Welcome to Blackbaud. I'm pleased that your experience was positive!

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

4 interviews, one "Skype interview" answering prerecorded questions, 1 interview over the phone with HR, and 2 onsite interviews- 1 with your direct supervisor, 1 with the your direct supervisors superior.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for Blackbaud.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted to do a video interview that was basically just a recording of me answering ten or so very easy questions. Then had a phone interview with two different recruiters and was invited onsite for a final interview. Interview went really well, they told me they were really impressed with me and the recruiter called a couple days later and said the team really liked me. Come to find out the following week, they had 35 people interviewed for the same spot and I wasn't selected. Overall a good process but I wish the recruiter hadn't called me and told me I did really well because it set me up to believe I got the job. A couple weeks later the recruiter's boss called and told me he was also really impressed and they were keeping me in mind if they had openings.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if a customer was a good fit for the product you were inquiring about?   Answer Question