Blackbaud Interview Questions in Charleston, SC | Glassdoor

2.8

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Scattered, inconsistent messaging between HR and the management team from pre-interview stage to final interview. I ended the interview process when a conversation about comp revealed that although I had been asked, and gave, my current and expected comp, we were a great distance apart. Salary wasn't competitive as I had other active opportunities and ended up with a base of six figures higher than the top of their range.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial call with recruiter and then hiring manager. Brought onsite for interviews with manager and VP. Friendly process, discussion around the market opportunity and what different skills I can bring to the team.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

I had three phone interviews over 2 weeks -- first with the VP of Data Science-Analytics, and then two more interviews with the Director of Vertical Marketing- Analytics. I was not asked a specific list of interview questions or any of the usual questions. Rather, these were free-flowing conversations about the work I have done, what I am hoping to do in my next role, my technical and programming skills, and so on.

Two weeks later they flew me to HQ in Charleston, SC. There, I had 5 interviews in one day, with the two people mentioned above, plus a Senior Technical Recruiter from HR, the Manager of Production- Analytics, and the President and General Manager of the Healthcare Solutions Group - Financial Operations. They flew me in the day before these interviews, and flew me out in the evening after spending the day at Blackbaud. Although the following week was a holiday week (4th of July), HR promptly told me on Monday that an offer would be extended to me. The offer came the following week. It was generous, and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you as a Data Scientist to help launch the new Health Care Vertical?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall the process took about 3 weeks but I never got to interview in person. There were 2 online tests and a video questionnaire. I received emails after each step of the process which explained the next step. I understand that they get many applicants but I was discouraged with how impersonal the process was for a company so dedicated to their customer service.

Interview Questions

• If you entered a room without a working light, what would you do?   1 Answer

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Over the computer question interview, the questions populate- it gives you a minute or 2 to gather your thoughts, then it records you while you answer. It generally gives you approx 2 minutes to answer.
    A couple days later the recruiter asked that I complete a questionnaire and knowledge test. Questionnaire was largely personality based, and knowledge test was you performing various menial tasks simultaneously- I assume to test your multi-tasking abilities.
    A couple days later the recruiter asked for an on-site interview. This consisted of 15 minutes with recruiter answering any additional questions about position, company, etc. and a tour around the facility. Then 1 hour with someone performing the job, while I listened with an earpiece. Then about 1 hour with 2 team manager/leaders asking questions like; Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker, tell me something you found interesting while shadowing, tell me some resources they used while you were watching, after shadowing- why do you think you'd be good for this position, if you were working on a document for school and that document now won't open- tell me what steps you would take to retrieve it, explain the steps you would take if you tried to watch TV and the TV wouldn't turn on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker, tell me something you found interesting while shadowing, tell me some resources they used while you were watching, after shadowing- why do you think you'd be good for this position, if you were working on a document for school and that document now won't open- tell me what steps you would take to retrieve it, explain the steps you would take if you tried to watch TV and the TV wouldn't turn on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I went though a phone interview first, 3 weeks later, I got an onsite interview with Blackbaud South Carolina. It was kind of okay, I forgot about what question they asked, but they do require knowledge of databases, some form of DFS or BFS, knowledge of objects.

Interview Questions

• Given a simple "Makefile" like file, figure out what order to compile each of the dependencies.
       example:
      a : b c
      b : d
      c : d

Then it should give d, c, b, a or d, b, c, a   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through the website and received an email a few weeks later to complete a video interview. Each question was populated on the screen, sort of like a flashcard - a little too impersonal for my liking. Not to mention, there was a time limit for each question. Took about 15 minutes to complete. Unfortunately, I never heard back from the company/recruiter regarding next steps or even whether I was not selected to move forward. Very unprofessional in terms of feedback.

Financial Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a third part recruiter who really was not too knowledgeable about the position. After a few days, a non-live video interview was requested by Blackbaud.

I was insulted by the interview. The hiring manager asked 6 very generic questions, provided no insight into the job responsibilities, and because it not a "live" interview I was given no opportunity to ask any questions. The hiring manager was at the most 30 years old and in my opinion not very well educated or experienced. Some of the questions were just not appropriate for the type of person they were trying to hire

In the end, the hiring managers feedback was that I was over-qualified. What this really means is that I was "too old". Another classic case of age discrimination. Fortunately for me, I live in the area where this position was located and I was able to get feedback from ex-Blackbaud employees about the position and the hiring manager that was not too complimentary. In fact, two ex employees pre- warned me of the age discrimination.

But everything works out in the long run. I didn't get a job that I wouldn't have wanted. I now think of Blackbaud as a bunch of Bozos.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you are qualified for the position? (Even though the interview process was structured such that no one really took the time to explain the position or even allowed me to ask any questions at all.   1 Answer

Nonprofit Internet Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received an email to complete an assessment the next day. After I completed the assessment I was asked to do the on demand video interview using the Hire Cue app. It was different but nice. About a week later I was told via email that they were pursuing other candidates.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Set up through a recruiting firm. Only went through one phone screen with two managers. Questions were straightforward, mainly asking about Excel skills. They did not really expect me to have any relative experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Excel (formulas, etc.).   Answer Question