Blackbaud Interview Questions in Charleston, SC | Glassdoor

2.8

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted to do a video interview that was basically just a recording of me answering ten or so very easy questions. Then had a phone interview with two different recruiters and was invited onsite for a final interview. Interview went really well, they told me they were really impressed with me and the recruiter called a couple days later and said the team really liked me. Come to find out the following week, they had 35 people interviewed for the same spot and I wasn't selected. Overall a good process but I wish the recruiter hadn't called me and told me I did really well because it set me up to believe I got the job. A couple weeks later the recruiter's boss called and told me he was also really impressed and they were keeping me in mind if they had openings.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if a customer was a good fit for the product you were inquiring about?   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I was fortunate enough to have an employee from the company send me a referral link. About a week after I applied I received an email on instructions to complete a one-way video interview through an app called HireVue. The one-way interview was a little awkward but you are able to do it on your own time and you have time to prepare your response. My best advice is practice, make sure you look professional, and make sure you are presenting yourself as professional as possible. The hiring managers will see this tape so treat it like an in person interview. A few weeks went by and I haven’t heard a thing so I assumed I was out of luck until I received a phone call from a recruiter requesting an on-site interview. The recruiter was very energetic and very easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable and prepared me heading into the on-site. The on-site interview consisted of 6 sales managers in 30 minute blocks (3 hours total) in different capacities. It is apparent that Blackbaud only hires and promotes the best and their management team reflected that. The interviews were fairly painless and nothing out of the usual. In the past I have gotten extremely nervous for interviews but the process here was very relaxed and more of a “getting to know you session” rather than answering 30 behavioral interview questions. Bring copies of your resume and be yourself. I had a good feeling leaving the interviews.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume

Why Blackbaud?

Why do you want to leave your current company?

Are you carrying a quota now? How much is it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

The process was great initially and moved quickly, but halfway through I was unable to get in contact with them. A month goes by and I finally hear back and they offered to fly me down, and keep me in a hotel which is very generous. The interview itself was very technical and had a large range of questions to do on worksheets. The questions were not too hard, but we're more than I expected coming straight out of college for a few of them.

Interview Questions

• Given a specific filesystem, how would you show the dependencies of the files in the system. Write an algorithm and it's output.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Applied through internal reference. Called by HR for interview. A few days later had an online personality profile and IQ test. A few days after that had phone interview with VP. Asked to come in for interview onsite and to provide five references before the interview. Had another online IQ test as soon as I got to site. Then in person interview. I was a little surprised they brought me onsite, but had me meet with only one person. It felt like they already had a candidate in mind to make the offer to, but needed to expand the interview pool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you estimate potential sales for new products. Tell me how you prioritize requirements. They really focused heavily on marketing and finance questions and put very little emphasis on technical understanding of SAAS development.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Had two interviews, first one was a screening one and the second was a tech interview. Only gripe was that I wasn't told to have a computer with internet with my tech interview so I was unprepared on that.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview where there were pre made questions that were very straightforward. 6 questions where you were given 3 minutes maximum to answer and 30 seconds to prepare. Pretty easy. The questions were very much like standard first interview questions, describing your experience with Microsoft excel and your experience with modeling. You download an app to complete the interview. I had never done it before but it was pretty interesting and easy.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

Received email with invitation to do video interview. Did online interview. User-friendly system, convenient. It felt a little awkward at first to be recorded by web cam responding to questions that appeared on the screen without looking at anyone on the other end, but the system provided multiple "practice question" opportunities that allowed me to adjust the lighting and get used to it before the formal interview began and was recorded.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Typical interview questions, e.g. "What skills do you have that make you well suited for this position."   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

A few phone-based interviews, including 1 with the hiring manager. Followed by an on-site interview with the team. Extremely negative outlook on the interview process, unprofessional in some sense and almost unbelievable in another sense. The interviews themselves were easy. The people were really great to talk to. But the communication was really terrible. I never heard a word after I walked out of the interview. I would have even loved to hear that they wouldn't pursue my candidacy or we will get back to you, but it was and still has been total silence. Almost 1 month later and even after multiple emails sent. Not sure if it's HR's fault or Blackbaud's fault, but nonetheless it is pretty disappointing. It tells me something about the Blackbaud culture and values. I have also read a few similar experiences with other people interviewing at Blackbaud. Read through the interview section.

Director Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

I was met in waiting area after being offered a visitor's badge; as I was 15 minutes early, I chatted with another interviewee applying for another role. On time I was met by a hiring manager who offered me a quick walking tour of the central ground floor of the Blackbaud headquarters, commenting on the exercise gym and the breakfast and lunch cafeteria.
    I was asked if I would like any beverage and was offered water and a seat across a small table in the manager's office. The manager was very cordial. Our interview lasted 45 minutes, focused mostly on my background and whether my experience included work similar to that expected in the role posted with the hiring offer. I was given ample opportunity to ask questions. Altogether a very good impression with a frank assessment of the company's needs and intent in creating the position.

Interview Questions

• Amplify these elements in your resume.
      Describe how your background could contribute to the work we need done.   Answer Question

Blackbaud Response

Jan 13, 2016 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback!

Enterprise Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in November 2015.

Interview

The never-ending interview. I culled through my old emails just to see how long this process actually took. My initial "we are interested in learning more about you..." email received on 11/2/2015. Final "the position to which you have applied has been filled and is no longer available" email received today, 1/28/2016. 86 days!! 6 phone interviews. A video interview. Strung along the whole time. Last email was an impersonal "recruiting team" email - why waste my time? Or frankly your time? Couldn't anyone make an executive go/no-go decision at some point along the way?

Remember this is their best FIRST IMPRESSION they are providing to prospective candidates. Blessing in disguise. If they are this disjointed and disorganized during the initial phase, I can imagine actually working there would have been a unmitigated nightmare. No thanks BB.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions about sales related experiences. Seemed more interested in communicating about politics than actual sales execution.   Answer Question