Blackbaud Interview Questions in Charleston, SC | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Over the computer question interview, the questions populate- it gives you a minute or 2 to gather your thoughts, then it records you while you answer. It generally gives you approx 2 minutes to answer.
    A couple days later the recruiter asked that I complete a questionnaire and knowledge test. Questionnaire was largely personality based, and knowledge test was you performing various menial tasks simultaneously- I assume to test your multi-tasking abilities.
    A couple days later the recruiter asked for an on-site interview. This consisted of 15 minutes with recruiter answering any additional questions about position, company, etc. and a tour around the facility. Then 1 hour with someone performing the job, while I listened with an earpiece. Then about 1 hour with 2 team manager/leaders asking questions like; Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker, tell me something you found interesting while shadowing, tell me some resources they used while you were watching, after shadowing- why do you think you'd be good for this position, if you were working on a document for school and that document now won't open- tell me what steps you would take to retrieve it, explain the steps you would take if you tried to watch TV and the TV wouldn't turn on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker, tell me something you found interesting while shadowing, tell me some resources they used while you were watching, after shadowing- why do you think you'd be good for this position, if you were working on a document for school and that document now won't open- tell me what steps you would take to retrieve it, explain the steps you would take if you tried to watch TV and the TV wouldn't turn on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I went though a phone interview first, 3 weeks later, I got an onsite interview with Blackbaud South Carolina. It was kind of okay, I forgot about what question they asked, but they do require knowledge of databases, some form of DFS or BFS, knowledge of objects.

Interview Questions

• Given a simple "Makefile" like file, figure out what order to compile each of the dependencies.
       example:
      a : b c
      b : d
      c : d

Then it should give d, c, b, a or d, b, c, a

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through the website and received an email a few weeks later to complete a video interview. Each question was populated on the screen, sort of like a flashcard - a little too impersonal for my liking. Not to mention, there was a time limit for each question. Took about 15 minutes to complete. Unfortunately, I never heard back from the company/recruiter regarding next steps or even whether I was not selected to move forward. Very unprofessional in terms of feedback.

Financial Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a third part recruiter who really was not too knowledgeable about the position. After a few days, a non-live video interview was requested by Blackbaud.

I was insulted by the interview. The hiring manager asked 6 very generic questions, provided no insight into the job responsibilities, and because it not a "live" interview I was given no opportunity to ask any questions. The hiring manager was at the most 30 years old and in my opinion not very well educated or experienced. Some of the questions were just not appropriate for the type of person they were trying to hire

In the end, the hiring managers feedback was that I was over-qualified. What this really means is that I was "too old". Another classic case of age discrimination. Fortunately for me, I live in the area where this position was located and I was able to get feedback from ex-Blackbaud employees about the position and the hiring manager that was not too complimentary. In fact, two ex employees pre- warned me of the age discrimination.

But everything works out in the long run. I didn't get a job that I wouldn't have wanted. I now think of Blackbaud as a bunch of Bozos.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you are qualified for the position? (Even though the interview process was structured such that no one really took the time to explain the position or even allowed me to ask any questions at all.   1 Answer

Nonprofit Internet Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received an email to complete an assessment the next day. After I completed the assessment I was asked to do the on demand video interview using the Hire Cue app. It was different but nice. About a week later I was told via email that they were pursuing other candidates.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Set up through a recruiting firm. Only went through one phone screen with two managers. Questions were straightforward, mainly asking about Excel skills. They did not really expect me to have any relative experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Excel (formulas, etc.).   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

Interview

It took several weeks (months?) before I was contacted by their human resources department. After the initial email conversation, there were several phone screenings with human resources and the hiring manager. This was followed by a few more calls with human resources and eventually an onsite interview with several teams. The onsite interviews were somewhat organized, no one from human resources was present during the interviews, and I was shuffled back and forth from team to team. The majority of the team, while friendly, were apathetic and had between 4-10 years on the job. The interview questions and design exercise with the UX team were both easy.

After spending a full day with the team, I never received a response from Blackbaud. Not a single word. My calls to human resources were not returned.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were challenged to complete a project and how did you resolve it?

How do you know when your design is done and how many people need to test it before it's finished?

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted to do a video interview that was basically just a recording of me answering ten or so very easy questions. Then had a phone interview with two different recruiters and was invited onsite for a final interview. Interview went really well, they told me they were really impressed with me and the recruiter called a couple days later and said the team really liked me. Come to find out the following week, they had 35 people interviewed for the same spot and I wasn't selected. Overall a good process but I wish the recruiter hadn't called me and told me I did really well because it set me up to believe I got the job. A couple weeks later the recruiter's boss called and told me he was also really impressed and they were keeping me in mind if they had openings.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if a customer was a good fit for the product you were inquiring about?   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I was fortunate enough to have an employee from the company send me a referral link. About a week after I applied I received an email on instructions to complete a one-way video interview through an app called HireVue. The one-way interview was a little awkward but you are able to do it on your own time and you have time to prepare your response. My best advice is practice, make sure you look professional, and make sure you are presenting yourself as professional as possible. The hiring managers will see this tape so treat it like an in person interview. A few weeks went by and I haven’t heard a thing so I assumed I was out of luck until I received a phone call from a recruiter requesting an on-site interview. The recruiter was very energetic and very easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable and prepared me heading into the on-site. The on-site interview consisted of 6 sales managers in 30 minute blocks (3 hours total) in different capacities. It is apparent that Blackbaud only hires and promotes the best and their management team reflected that. The interviews were fairly painless and nothing out of the usual. In the past I have gotten extremely nervous for interviews but the process here was very relaxed and more of a “getting to know you session” rather than answering 30 behavioral interview questions. Bring copies of your resume and be yourself. I had a good feeling leaving the interviews.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume

Why Blackbaud?

Why do you want to leave your current company?

Are you carrying a quota now? How much is it?

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

The process was great initially and moved quickly, but halfway through I was unable to get in contact with them. A month goes by and I finally hear back and they offered to fly me down, and keep me in a hotel which is very generous. The interview itself was very technical and had a large range of questions to do on worksheets. The questions were not too hard, but we're more than I expected coming straight out of college for a few of them.

Interview Questions

• Given a specific filesystem, how would you show the dependencies of the files in the system. Write an algorithm and it's output.   Answer Question