Blackbaud Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.7

131 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud in July 2017.

Interview

Blackbaud has a video round that you have to make through where your video interviewed to a preset of questions before even a recruiter talks to you. I just went through this and felt that the setup was terrible. there were close to 13 questions to be answered in a very short timeframe of 20 minutes. each of the questions required more time to answer than the allocated time. Just no way to answer that many questions in the short a timeframe provided well. ihave gone through hundreds of interviews and make it through to the final onsite rounds in almost 95% of them. This is the first time that i have experienced such a horrendous process. Without having a chance to talk to a physical human being the interview setup is bogus. Please dont waste people's time again Blackbaud. Change your process or stop hiring

Interview Questions

• 1) Why should we hire you. 2) Why Blackbaud. 3) Give 2 examples of your success in a project. i dont remember the rest   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall the process took about 3 weeks but I never got to interview in person. There were 2 online tests and a video questionnaire. I received emails after each step of the process which explained the next step. I understand that they get many applicants but I was discouraged with how impersonal the process was for a company so dedicated to their customer service.

Interview Questions

• If you entered a room without a working light, what would you do?   1 Answer

Associate Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

Started with a video interview and never got past that. Interviewing process was easy to understand but just a little awkward using the HireVue online video system. I hope to interview again for a different position.

Interview Questions

• Explain your current sales job with any quotas/deadlines.   Answer Question

Demand Generation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process comprised mostly of phone interviews for an Austin based position (working with employees in the South Carolina office) and one on-site interview. I spoke with one HR employee, two managers, one coordinator and an analyst. I was done with all of the interviews by mid-June. I followed up on June 21st. On the 22nd I was informed they were conducting more interviews and I received a generic rejection letter on July 7th. Everyone was friendly and courteous during the interviews and their follow up was great at the beginning but I must have fallen off the radar after my short in person meeting. The manager had a webinar scheduled immediately after our time together so it was a very quick meeting. I would say no longer than 20 minutes. I wouldn't say it was a completely negative experience. I've had worse experiences but it positive at the start and then they went MIA on me. I applied for the position due to the positive feedback I saw on Glassdoor from employees. The impression I received from speaking with everyone is that they do not have a strong handle on organization, process and structure within their marketing department. It's a large organization and I come from a small agency background so it probably was not a good fit any how.

Intermediate Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX).

Interview

Met with a recruiter at career fair, was called in for an interview on campus. 2 30-minute interviews, behavioral and technical, and that was it. Was contacted by phone after 2.5 weeks or so, didn't get the offer.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an email with a request to complete a video screening to complete on my own time. The video included book end videos from Blackbaud recruiters talking about how great it was to work for them and in the middle, 7 incredibly basic questions. From there, a SC recruiter stating a coordinator would reach out to set up an in person interview. The coordinator sent an email asking to provide times over the next 7 days when I was "NOT" available. (I have a full time job; how about asking when I AM available?)

I participated in a set of interviews with 7 individuals for 4 hours, where one was virtual with a manager in SC (corporate headquarters). Their office is slick and new in Austin, but a completely open environment with multiple tables in a room. Reminded me of a Dot-com day set up. The website of their products was incredibly confusing since their software products all seem to provide the same services. Why - because Blackbaud is a combined company based on several acquisitions over the last 3-4 years. The products have yet to be consolidated. Big red flag in my opinion. It's been 3 years! Also some of the people I met with seemed completely disinterested in the interview process. One said they were 'one and a half feet out the door' (ouch!). Also one was more interested in finding an outdoor table for our lunch discussion and was very ADHD in behavior (not professional at all). She asked about how I deal with conflict, that she seemed to have 'a lot of conflict with the same people'. If you are a true professional, you should not encounter conflict very often!

It took another week to get a rejection. Which is fine. This company seems to lack true direction and leadership if consolidation post acquisition has not even started after this long. Also, if the company is so small, why an impersonal video screen interview? Have the recruiter pick up the phone and talk to people - that should be your job. For the first in person set to take up 7 people's time (not to mention my commitment), that is a big waste of everyone's time. If I had a chance to speak to the hiring manager on the phone first, I would have filtered out this opportunity prior to the in person sessions.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with ambiguity?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the most complex project you participated in that encountered serious issues or risks and how did you personally mitigate those?   Answer Question

Nonprofit Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

This interview process is the most bizarre I've ever heard of, and I really don't see the point of it. Blackbaud will expect you to invest quite a bit of time in online tests before you're graced with human contact. The first test--a personality quiz--is pretty straightforward, but I suppose even a psychopath would know how to ace it. In other words, it's not a great indicator of the moral qualities of potential candidates. Honestly, there are some things you can only see by looking an individual in the eye.

The second quiz involved my staring into a camera and answering questions set forth in text across the screen. Ugh...what were they looking for? Was I not cool enough, or too old, or irritating in some way? Since I assume that a group reviews these interviews, I imagine it can be a real laugh-in and a fantastic form of entertainment.

Blackbaud, you barely knew me. You didn't see my passion, my diligence, and my vast experience. You didn't learn about what I can bring to a team. You're kind of like the cool crowd in middle school...I'm a generally nice, smart, and kind person; but I'm not even allowed to sit with you. Not that I'd want to, anyway.

Interview Questions

• You turn on a lamp and it's not working. What should you do?   1 Answer

Software Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an invitation to do an interview through the HireVue software. This was a basic why are you interested in Blackbaud/what's your experience interview. A few weeks later I had an online interview with three staff that was more in depth - learning about the position and their experience and talking about the role of the position and management styles. At the end of this interview I was offered a third interview where I would plan and lead a presentation that would be instructing the interviewers on some type of instructional technology (my choice). After the presentation we discussed how I approached the interview and what my planning process was like. I was nervous during this presentation and so was less confident after the final interview, but was told I would hear from them within a couple weeks. After 2-3 weeks I hadn't heard so I emailed the main interviewer I'd been communicating with to follow up. Later that day I got an automated message from the online application platform that Blackbaud wouldn't be moving forward with my application.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I went though a phone interview first, 3 weeks later, I got an onsite interview with Blackbaud South Carolina. It was kind of okay, I forgot about what question they asked, but they do require knowledge of databases, some form of DFS or BFS, knowledge of objects.

Interview Questions

• Given a simple "Makefile" like file, figure out what order to compile each of the dependencies.
       example:
      a : b c
      b : d
      c : d

Then it should give d, c, b, a or d, b, c, a   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through the website and received an email a few weeks later to complete a video interview. Each question was populated on the screen, sort of like a flashcard - a little too impersonal for my liking. Not to mention, there was a time limit for each question. Took about 15 minutes to complete. Unfortunately, I never heard back from the company/recruiter regarding next steps or even whether I was not selected to move forward. Very unprofessional in terms of feedback.