Blackbaud Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

Intermediate Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX).

Interview

Met with a recruiter at career fair, was called in for an interview on campus. 2 30-minute interviews, behavioral and technical, and that was it. Was contacted by phone after 2.5 weeks or so, didn't get the offer.

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Over the computer question interview, the questions populate- it gives you a minute or 2 to gather your thoughts, then it records you while you answer. It generally gives you approx 2 minutes to answer.
    A couple days later the recruiter asked that I complete a questionnaire and knowledge test. Questionnaire was largely personality based, and knowledge test was you performing various menial tasks simultaneously- I assume to test your multi-tasking abilities.
    A couple days later the recruiter asked for an on-site interview. This consisted of 15 minutes with recruiter answering any additional questions about position, company, etc. and a tour around the facility. Then 1 hour with someone performing the job, while I listened with an earpiece. Then about 1 hour with 2 team manager/leaders asking questions like; Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker, tell me something you found interesting while shadowing, tell me some resources they used while you were watching, after shadowing- why do you think you'd be good for this position, if you were working on a document for school and that document now won't open- tell me what steps you would take to retrieve it, explain the steps you would take if you tried to watch TV and the TV wouldn't turn on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker, tell me something you found interesting while shadowing, tell me some resources they used while you were watching, after shadowing- why do you think you'd be good for this position, if you were working on a document for school and that document now won't open- tell me what steps you would take to retrieve it, explain the steps you would take if you tried to watch TV and the TV wouldn't turn on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I went though a phone interview first, 3 weeks later, I got an onsite interview with Blackbaud South Carolina. It was kind of okay, I forgot about what question they asked, but they do require knowledge of databases, some form of DFS or BFS, knowledge of objects.

Interview Questions

• Given a simple "Makefile" like file, figure out what order to compile each of the dependencies.
       example:
      a : b c
      b : d
      c : d

Then it should give d, c, b, a or d, b, c, a
      Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

Two online questionnaires, one personality and one skills, and one 3-hour in person interview. In-person interview includes a tour, shadow, and multiple face to face interviews with different members of the management and support team.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through the website and received an email a few weeks later to complete a video interview. Each question was populated on the screen, sort of like a flashcard - a little too impersonal for my liking. Not to mention, there was a time limit for each question. Took about 15 minutes to complete. Unfortunately, I never heard back from the company/recruiter regarding next steps or even whether I was not selected to move forward. Very unprofessional in terms of feedback.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I attended the CS career fair at my school and got an offer for an on-campus interview after talking to the recruiter. Both the recruiter and the interviewer were extremely nice and interested in company growth and helping the community. One month later, they called me to tell me that I was not ready for the position. I still had a great experience with the company because even their rejection call was incredibly nice.

Interview Questions

• The interview was split into two parts - behavior and technical. We first went over my resume and I explained some things in more detail. Then he asked me to write down code to determine whether a word was a palindrome.   Answer Question

Blackbaud Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your on-campus interview. We are pleased you had a positive experience and chose to share with us!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After speaking to a recruiter at a career fair, I was scheduled for an hour-long interview in two parts, technical and behavioral. Each interview took about thirty minutes, and was with two people from a team at the company.

Interview Questions

• In the technical interview I was asked to explain the process of implementing software to control an elevator.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

I was really hoping a company like Blackbaud would do better. I would think a company that is dedicated to raising money for non profits and making the world a better place would humanize their hiring process a little better. I applied online and couple weeks after that I received an e-mail asking me to do a video interview. I did the interview and never heard anything. A couple weeks later I received the exact same request to do the exact same video interview AGAIN. Now if an actual recruiter e-mailed me, I would have kindly e-mailed back asking if it was a mistake. However, there was no recruiter. It was an automatized Workday e-mail. I do the video interview again. A couple weeks go by and I get a rejection e-mail. The rejection e-mail is a standard template using language such as "I". Who is this "I"? The e-mailed wasn't signed by anyone specific. I don't know who was reviewing my information. The lack of humanization makes me question whether I really want to work for them.

Financial Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a third part recruiter who really was not too knowledgeable about the position. After a few days, a non-live video interview was requested by Blackbaud.

I was insulted by the interview. The hiring manager asked 6 very generic questions, provided no insight into the job responsibilities, and because it not a "live" interview I was given no opportunity to ask any questions. The hiring manager was at the most 30 years old and in my opinion not very well educated or experienced. Some of the questions were just not appropriate for the type of person they were trying to hire

In the end, the hiring managers feedback was that I was over-qualified. What this really means is that I was "too old". Another classic case of age discrimination. Fortunately for me, I live in the area where this position was located and I was able to get feedback from ex-Blackbaud employees about the position and the hiring manager that was not too complimentary. In fact, two ex employees pre- warned me of the age discrimination.

But everything works out in the long run. I didn't get a job that I wouldn't have wanted. I now think of Blackbaud as a bunch of Bozos.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you are qualified for the position? (Even though the interview process was structured such that no one really took the time to explain the position or even allowed me to ask any questions at all.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Phone Interview
    They pull up some type of co-editing coding technology. My interviewer couldn't get it to work, so we just used a Google Doc. I was asked the palindrome question, and a way to implement inheritance. I feel they are mostly looking for personality here to see if you can fit into their company culture. Aka are you passionate and want to help others?

Step 2: Invitational On-site
    They fly you over to Charleston, SC to have dinner and meet with managers. Then they conduct a few hours of interviews. Unfortunately, I missed my flight, and was going to reschedule, but I think many offers have already been made.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, find if it is a palindrome   1 Answer