Blackbaud Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blackbaud Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.8

Associate Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

Started with a video interview and never got past that. Interviewing process was easy to understand but just a little awkward using the HireVue online video system. I hope to interview again for a different position.

Interview Questions

• Explain your current sales job with any quotas/deadlines.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall the process took about 3 weeks but I never got to interview in person. There were 2 online tests and a video questionnaire. I received emails after each step of the process which explained the next step. I understand that they get many applicants but I was discouraged with how impersonal the process was for a company so dedicated to their customer service.

Interview Questions

• If you entered a room without a working light, what would you do?   1 Answer

Intermediate Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX).

Interview

Met with a recruiter at career fair, was called in for an interview on campus. 2 30-minute interviews, behavioral and technical, and that was it. Was contacted by phone after 2.5 weeks or so, didn't get the offer.

Nonprofit Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

This interview process is the most bizarre I've ever heard of, and I really don't see the point of it. Blackbaud will expect you to invest quite a bit of time in online tests before you're graced with human contact. The first test--a personality quiz--is pretty straightforward, but I suppose even a psychopath would know how to ace it. In other words, it's not a great indicator of the moral qualities of potential candidates. Honestly, there are some things you can only see by looking an individual in the eye.

The second quiz involved my staring into a camera and answering questions set forth in text across the screen. Ugh...what were they looking for? Was I not cool enough, or too old, or irritating in some way? Since I assume that a group reviews these interviews, I imagine it can be a real laugh-in and a fantastic form of entertainment.

Blackbaud, you barely knew me. You didn't see my passion, my diligence, and my vast experience. You didn't learn about what I can bring to a team. You're kind of like the cool crowd in middle school...I'm a generally nice, smart, and kind person; but I'm not even allowed to sit with you. Not that I'd want to, anyway.

Interview Questions

• You turn on a lamp and it's not working. What should you do?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an email with a request to complete a video screening to complete on my own time. The video included book end videos from Blackbaud recruiters talking about how great it was to work for them and in the middle, 7 incredibly basic questions. From there, a SC recruiter stating a coordinator would reach out to set up an in person interview. The coordinator sent an email asking to provide times over the next 7 days when I was "NOT" available. (I have a full time job; how about asking when I AM available?)

I participated in a set of interviews with 7 individuals for 4 hours, where one was virtual with a manager in SC (corporate headquarters). Their office is slick and new in Austin, but a completely open environment with multiple tables in a room. Reminded me of a Dot-com day set up. The website of their products was incredibly confusing since their software products all seem to provide the same services. Why - because Blackbaud is a combined company based on several acquisitions over the last 3-4 years. The products have yet to be consolidated. Big red flag in my opinion. It's been 3 years! Also some of the people I met with seemed completely disinterested in the interview process. One said they were 'one and a half feet out the door' (ouch!). Also one was more interested in finding an outdoor table for our lunch discussion and was very ADHD in behavior (not professional at all). She asked about how I deal with conflict, that she seemed to have 'a lot of conflict with the same people'. If you are a true professional, you should not encounter conflict very often!

It took another week to get a rejection. Which is fine. This company seems to lack true direction and leadership if consolidation post acquisition has not even started after this long. Also, if the company is so small, why an impersonal video screen interview? Have the recruiter pick up the phone and talk to people - that should be your job. For the first in person set to take up 7 people's time (not to mention my commitment), that is a big waste of everyone's time. If I had a chance to speak to the hiring manager on the phone first, I would have filtered out this opportunity prior to the in person sessions.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with ambiguity?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the most complex project you participated in that encountered serious issues or risks and how did you personally mitigate those?   Answer Question

Nonprofit Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a position in the Austin office. Within that same week I was sent a link for a video interview. The first video interview allowed me to practice my responses before submitting an actual interview for consideration. After the video interview, (again, within a business week) I was asked to complete an assesment. The assessment took me through various simulations and tested me on my multitasking skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
    After I submitted the assessment, it was about two weeks before I received a phone call from their South Carolina office. Their recruiter wanted me to come to the Austin location for an inperson interview. After confirming that I was still looking for employment, she redirected me to another recruiter within the SC office to set up an interview time. Subsequent to setting up a time, I received an email detailing with whom I'd be interviewing with, the benefits package (no salary), and information about the company.
    The actual inperson interview was 3 hours long. I spoke with a recruiter from the SC office via video conference and then was escorted to shadow someone for the role I was applying for. Shadowing was a great experience, I got to speak with someone who wasn't necessarily trying to sell the company. She told me pros/cons of the job, took me through the resources I'd have access to, and answered any questions that I had.
    The next round included a video conference with two managers from the SC office. That lasted about 45 minutes. Then I had another video conference with one manager from the SC office. That lasted about 30 minutes. I did not get to meet with any managers from the Austin office.
    For the most part, the people were easy to speak with. They were very transparent about the training timeline, job expectations, and time requirement both within and outside of regular work hours. Honestly, if the pay were higher (the pay is great, I just needed more) I would have accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• If you were trying to get a document to open, and it would not, how would you go about fixing the problem?   Answer Question
    • If your dishwasher was not working, what steps would you take to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone you did not get along with.   Answer Question
    • How much supervision will you require from your supervisior?   Answer Question
    • How do you perform a mail merge on Word?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was informative and flexible to meet the needs of my out of state college schedule. I got to meet several different leaders that I would eventually work with via Skype before I got the offer, and they each made me feel very at ease.

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Over the computer question interview, the questions populate- it gives you a minute or 2 to gather your thoughts, then it records you while you answer. It generally gives you approx 2 minutes to answer.
    A couple days later the recruiter asked that I complete a questionnaire and knowledge test. Questionnaire was largely personality based, and knowledge test was you performing various menial tasks simultaneously- I assume to test your multi-tasking abilities.
    A couple days later the recruiter asked for an on-site interview. This consisted of 15 minutes with recruiter answering any additional questions about position, company, etc. and a tour around the facility. Then 1 hour with someone performing the job, while I listened with an earpiece. Then about 1 hour with 2 team manager/leaders asking questions like; Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker, tell me something you found interesting while shadowing, tell me some resources they used while you were watching, after shadowing- why do you think you'd be good for this position, if you were working on a document for school and that document now won't open- tell me what steps you would take to retrieve it, explain the steps you would take if you tried to watch TV and the TV wouldn't turn on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker, tell me something you found interesting while shadowing, tell me some resources they used while you were watching, after shadowing- why do you think you'd be good for this position, if you were working on a document for school and that document now won't open- tell me what steps you would take to retrieve it, explain the steps you would take if you tried to watch TV and the TV wouldn't turn on.   Answer Question

Software Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an invitation to do an interview through the HireVue software. This was a basic why are you interested in Blackbaud/what's your experience interview. A few weeks later I had an online interview with three staff that was more in depth - learning about the position and their experience and talking about the role of the position and management styles. At the end of this interview I was offered a third interview where I would plan and lead a presentation that would be instructing the interviewers on some type of instructional technology (my choice). After the presentation we discussed how I approached the interview and what my planning process was like. I was nervous during this presentation and so was less confident after the final interview, but was told I would hear from them within a couple weeks. After 2-3 weeks I hadn't heard so I emailed the main interviewer I'd been communicating with to follow up. Later that day I got an automated message from the online application platform that Blackbaud wouldn't be moving forward with my application.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I went though a phone interview first, 3 weeks later, I got an onsite interview with Blackbaud South Carolina. It was kind of okay, I forgot about what question they asked, but they do require knowledge of databases, some form of DFS or BFS, knowledge of objects.

Interview Questions

• Given a simple "Makefile" like file, figure out what order to compile each of the dependencies.
       example:
      a : b c
      b : d
      c : d

Then it should give d, c, b, a or d, b, c, a   Answer Question