Blackbaud Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I attended the CS career fair at my school and got an offer for an on-campus interview after talking to the recruiter. Both the recruiter and the interviewer were extremely nice and interested in company growth and helping the community. One month later, they called me to tell me that I was not ready for the position. I still had a great experience with the company because even their rejection call was incredibly nice.

Interview Questions

• The interview was split into two parts - behavior and technical. We first went over my resume and I explained some things in more detail. Then he asked me to write down code to determine whether a word was a palindrome.   Answer Question

Blackbaud Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your on-campus interview. We are pleased you had a positive experience and chose to share with us!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After speaking to a recruiter at a career fair, I was scheduled for an hour-long interview in two parts, technical and behavioral. Each interview took about thirty minutes, and was with two people from a team at the company.

Interview Questions

• In the technical interview I was asked to explain the process of implementing software to control an elevator.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

I was really hoping a company like Blackbaud would do better. I would think a company that is dedicated to raising money for non profits and making the world a better place would humanize their hiring process a little better. I applied online and couple weeks after that I received an e-mail asking me to do a video interview. I did the interview and never heard anything. A couple weeks later I received the exact same request to do the exact same video interview AGAIN. Now if an actual recruiter e-mailed me, I would have kindly e-mailed back asking if it was a mistake. However, there was no recruiter. It was an automatized Workday e-mail. I do the video interview again. A couple weeks go by and I get a rejection e-mail. The rejection e-mail is a standard template using language such as "I". Who is this "I"? The e-mailed wasn't signed by anyone specific. I don't know who was reviewing my information. The lack of humanization makes me question whether I really want to work for them.

Financial Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a third part recruiter who really was not too knowledgeable about the position. After a few days, a non-live video interview was requested by Blackbaud.

I was insulted by the interview. The hiring manager asked 6 very generic questions, provided no insight into the job responsibilities, and because it not a "live" interview I was given no opportunity to ask any questions. The hiring manager was at the most 30 years old and in my opinion not very well educated or experienced. Some of the questions were just not appropriate for the type of person they were trying to hire

In the end, the hiring managers feedback was that I was over-qualified. What this really means is that I was "too old". Another classic case of age discrimination. Fortunately for me, I live in the area where this position was located and I was able to get feedback from ex-Blackbaud employees about the position and the hiring manager that was not too complimentary. In fact, two ex employees pre- warned me of the age discrimination.

But everything works out in the long run. I didn't get a job that I wouldn't have wanted. I now think of Blackbaud as a bunch of Bozos.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel you are qualified for the position? (Even though the interview process was structured such that no one really took the time to explain the position or even allowed me to ask any questions at all.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Phone Interview
    They pull up some type of co-editing coding technology. My interviewer couldn't get it to work, so we just used a Google Doc. I was asked the palindrome question, and a way to implement inheritance. I feel they are mostly looking for personality here to see if you can fit into their company culture. Aka are you passionate and want to help others?

Step 2: Invitational On-site
    They fly you over to Charleston, SC to have dinner and meet with managers. Then they conduct a few hours of interviews. Unfortunately, I missed my flight, and was going to reschedule, but I think many offers have already been made.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, find if it is a palindrome   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, received an email asking me to complete an online recorded interview via HireVue. About 8-10 questions including salary expectation. Then had a short call with the hiring manager, followed by two rounds of on-site interviews, meeting with 7 people, including the hiring manager and two executives.

Really enjoyed the team, and meeting everyone. They all seemed interested in me, and loved their jobs. One executive was very blunt and gave great insights into their transformation. Seemed exciting.

Over six weeks since I was in the office, and I only received one communication from them. That email was in response to multiple follow-up emails and calls from me, and came from the hiring manager, who told me (two weeks after I was there) that I could expect to hear back in 1-2 weeks. A month later, still no response and the position is still posted.

I enjoyed meeting the team, but their lack of communication is a tarnish on their company brand.

Nonprofit Internet Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received an email to complete an assessment the next day. After I completed the assessment I was asked to do the on demand video interview using the Hire Cue app. It was different but nice. About a week later I was told via email that they were pursuing other candidates.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Set up through a recruiting firm. Only went through one phone screen with two managers. Questions were straightforward, mainly asking about Excel skills. They did not really expect me to have any relative experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Excel (formulas, etc.).   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

It took several weeks (months?) before I was contacted by their human resources department. After the initial email conversation, there were several phone screenings with human resources and the hiring manager. This was followed by a few more calls with human resources and eventually an onsite interview with several teams. The onsite interviews were somewhat organized, no one from human resources was present during the interviews, and I was shuffled back and forth from team to team. The majority of the team, while friendly, were apathetic and had between 4-10 years on the job. The interview questions and design exercise with the UX team were both easy.

After spending a full day with the team, I never received a response from Blackbaud. Not a single word. My calls to human resources were not returned.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were challenged to complete a project and how did you resolve it?

How do you know when your design is done and how many people need to test it before it's finished?
      Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted to do a video interview that was basically just a recording of me answering ten or so very easy questions. Then had a phone interview with two different recruiters and was invited onsite for a final interview. Interview went really well, they told me they were really impressed with me and the recruiter called a couple days later and said the team really liked me. Come to find out the following week, they had 35 people interviewed for the same spot and I wasn't selected. Overall a good process but I wish the recruiter hadn't called me and told me I did really well because it set me up to believe I got the job. A couple weeks later the recruiter's boss called and told me he was also really impressed and they were keeping me in mind if they had openings.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if a customer was a good fit for the product you were inquiring about?   Answer Question