Blackbaud Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blackbaud Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

I had to record myself answering questions for the first part of the interview, which was slightly awkward. The next step was a phone interview with a manager and then a Skype interview. The phone interview went well, and I actually talk with the employee now. The skype interview was awkward and the employee seemed distracted.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with staying in a hotel every night in a very small city with not a lot of nightlife or activity?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Had two interviews, first one was a screening one and the second was a tech interview. Only gripe was that I wasn't told to have a computer with internet with my tech interview so I was unprepared on that.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview where there were pre made questions that were very straightforward. 6 questions where you were given 3 minutes maximum to answer and 30 seconds to prepare. Pretty easy. The questions were very much like standard first interview questions, describing your experience with Microsoft excel and your experience with modeling. You download an app to complete the interview. I had never done it before but it was pretty interesting and easy.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

Received email with invitation to do video interview. Did online interview. User-friendly system, convenient. It felt a little awkward at first to be recorded by web cam responding to questions that appeared on the screen without looking at anyone on the other end, but the system provided multiple "practice question" opportunities that allowed me to adjust the lighting and get used to it before the formal interview began and was recorded.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Typical interview questions, e.g. "What skills do you have that make you well suited for this position."   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

Phone screening , which was followed by an HR discussion, technical round , project and team discussion and then review of past salary and offer and benefits discussion by the HR

Associate Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

I really liked the way they are conducting interviews now. They show you a presentation and then break up into small groups with a few interviewees and sales managers. It was a fresh and more relaxed way of going about the interview. They also fed the group before (the food was really good too!)

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and tell us how you handled it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blackbaud.

Interview

First step in the interview process was a video interview where the question would pop onto the screen, 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to answer. You did not get to review your answer but they had practice questions you could use to before you started the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Blackbaud, what impresses you about the company?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Charleston, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

A few phone-based interviews, including 1 with the hiring manager. Followed by an on-site interview with the team. Extremely negative outlook on the interview process, unprofessional in some sense and almost unbelievable in another sense. The interviews themselves were easy. The people were really great to talk to. But the communication was really terrible. I never heard a word after I walked out of the interview. I would have even loved to hear that they wouldn't pursue my candidacy or we will get back to you, but it was and still has been total silence. Almost 1 month later and even after multiple emails sent. Not sure if it's HR's fault or Blackbaud's fault, but nonetheless it is pretty disappointing. It tells me something about the Blackbaud culture and values. I have also read a few similar experiences with other people interviewing at Blackbaud. Read through the interview section.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackbaud in March 2016.

Interview

Got an email requesting an online on-demand video interview about a month after I applied. Basically, behavioral questions pop up on the screen and you have about 30 seconds to think things over before they record your response.
    Almost a month after that, I got an email requesting a video interview with a manager. We chatted for about 30-45 minutes, and it was just behavioral questions/learning more about the position.

Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blackbaud (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

1. I applied in January 2016.

2. I was contacted in early March to complete an online video interview. This took 30 minutes and comprised of a variety of in-depth questions; including accomplishments, preferred work style, salary expectations, long term goals, etc. (This very in-depth video interview with ZERO human interaction felt cold and seemed to go against everything I had read about Blackbaud's culture and mission.)

3. I followed up by email to thank the recruiter - NO RESPONSE.

4. I finally got the canned "no thank you" email in late April, 49 days after my video interview, and 97 days after I had initially applied.

This was possibly the longest, most impersonal, waste-of-time interview of my career.

Interview Questions

• Describe your salary expectations, work style, and more (all on video).   Answer Question

Blackbaud Response

May 16, 2016 – VP Global Talent Acquisition

I apologize for the disappointing experience during the interview process here at Blackbaud. Feel free to reach out to me directly to provide more feedback/input because this is not how we want our ... More